Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Chrisley Knows Best?

I watch it and love it. They are so funny, and yes they are rich,but they are relatable, and as parents they go through the same things we all do, it is very funny and I love to see how he deals with his kids. His eldest son has some drug issues and that is why they have custody of his daughter....

Contributor

I love this show! Todd is hilarious! I can't believe he catfished his own son.  I was watching the reruns on E but just found the new episodes on the USA network.

Honored Contributor

He had to downsize to a much smaller house (financial problems).  I like him a lot too.  

I thought his daughter was going to off to college.  I haven't seen it in months.  Did she go off to college?

Regular Contributor

I can't say I was a fan from the start, however the show has grown on me. Love it now! Does Todd work? Where did he make his money?
Respected Contributor

@pggoody wrote:
I can't say I was a fan from the start, however the show has grown on me. Love it now! Does Todd work? Where did he make his money?

I believe he made his money in real estate. Julie was a former beauty queen.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

He had to downsize to a much smaller house (financial problems).  I like him a lot too.  

I thought his daughter was going to off to college.  I haven't seen it in months.  Did she go off to college?

Love his "smaller house". I think it is funny how they all sit on the kitchen counter top ... never have seen anyone do that. 

Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago he filed for bankruptcy to the tune of approx $45 million. He lost $30 million in a real estate deal. His wife, Julie, has money and loaned him about $4.4 million. They downsized from a 30,000 sq ft house to 12,000 sq ft. The oldest daughter was legally adopted by Julie. I believe they have joint custody of their granddaughter. Since this was filmed quite some time ago, I'm guessing Savannah might be done with her first year of college.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info Riley.  I don't know why this is underlined!  Sorry, Riley.

Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:
A few years ago he filed for bankruptcy to the tune of approx $45 million. He lost $30 million in a real estate deal. His wife, Julie, has money and loaned him about $4.4 million. They downsized from a 30,000 sq ft house to 12,000 sq ft. The oldest daughter was legally adopted by Julie. I believe they have joint custody of their granddaughter. Since this was filmed quite some time ago, I'm guessing Savannah might be done with her first year of college.

How did Julie get her money?

Esteemed Contributor

Panda, there is nothing that says where her money came from. Maybe he transferred money to her when he filed bankruptcy. She grew up in a mobile home, had a brother who committed suicide and apparently never won any beauty pageant - in fact, I don't even think there is a Miss South Carolina pageant. She met Todd while he was married to his first wife. I'm guessing this is the timeline when he was successful in real estate. They got together and she was actually 9 months pregnant when they married - Chase was born a week later. As funny as the show is, it seems to be all smoke & mirrors. Information was from a google search.