Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone want to join my Chadwick Bozeman fan club?

Fabulous actor!

My contribution:

In Black Panther

Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther.jpg

In 42

Chadwick Boseman in 42 (2).jpg

Respected Contributor

LOVED him in Black Panther, one of the best Marvel movies! He almost stole the show when he first turned up in Captain America: Civil War.

I've seen him on different interviews and he seems like a very nice, down to earth guy.

Honored Contributor

He was wonderful as Thurgood Marshall in MARSHALL. I liked him and didn't realize I saw him in 42 (also a terrific movie). Made a point to remember his name and just saw Black Panther last week. I know the superherlo made him a household name but check out the other 2 movies I mentioned. Grest acting chops.

PS Sterling Brown from This is Us is also in Marshall as well as Black Panther (small role)

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

He was wonderful as Thurgood Marshall in MARSHALL. I liked him and didn't realize I saw him in 42 (also a terrific movie). Made a point to remember his name and just saw Black Panther last week. I know the superherlo made him a household name but check out the other 2 movies I mentioned. Grest acting chops.

PS Sterling Brown from This is Us is also in Marshall as well as Black Panther (small role)

Trying to track MARSHALL down. HBO ON DEMAND?

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reminder on Marshall.  I just placed it at the top of my Netflix DVD queue.

And Mr. Boseman was excellent as the SNL host!  Very smooth and easy delivery.  He seems to be quite comfortable in front of a live audience.  And he was so funny in their Jeopardy sketch.

Image result for chadwick boseman snl

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

Trying to track MARSHALL down. HBO ON DEMAND?

plus Amazon, @violann

Trusted Contributor

Yes! I’m a huge fan. If you have AppleTV you can rent Marshall on iTunes. 

He’s fabulous! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann@feline groovy @GingerPeach

I saw Marshall at a special viewing and went without any expectations. I was drawn into the story. The acting by Chadwick, Josh Gad, Sterling was top notch. I was surprised by Josh, the singing Olaf from Frozen and blowaway by Chadwick.

Try to see the movie and 42 if you haven't already- they are wonderful.

ps- also caugh SNL and he comes across as warm and funny

Super Contributor

Heart. LOVE him, LOVE his acting!  He should be getting many more accolades!  He is by far one of the most diverse actors of today, with such a wide range of ability to play all different types of people!  And, may I say humble, and almost shy like in his interviews. No big ego, just a natural talent!

Honored Contributor

@SoftRain wrote:

Heart. LOVE him, LOVE his acting!  He should be getting many more accolades!  He is by far one of the most diverse actors of today, with such a wide range of ability to play all different types of people!  And, may I say humble, and almost shy like in his interviews. No big ego, just a natural talent!

I absolutely concur with your thinking. My son bought me the DVD of 42 when it came out because he knew I’d always been a major admirer of Jackie Robinson, and I was so impressed with the ensemble cast I never paid too much attention to the individual performers, although he was amazing in it as the lead.

Then after I saw his SNL opening sketch I was equally impressed. Sometimes, otherwise excellent performers are almost painful when they host, because stand up is really tough. Not this guy, at home in sketch comedy and standup, and, when I found out who he was, equally at home in drama. 

From what I’ e read, he does a lot of directing. I wish he were doing more BIG on screen performance. Maybe now, with the reaction to his work in Black Panther......