Respected Contributor

Anyone Still Watcing Grandchester?

I am still loving this show, however, I cannot for the life of me understand why they cast that actress who played Maya for Will to fall in love with.  I don't mean to sound mean, but she was so unattractive, had no personality and there was absolutely no chemistry between them.  I hope it did end.  I am liking Cathy's sister and hope she and Will become a couple.   Do not like the direction Mrs. C is going in, I find it very disturbing.  She has a wonderful husband and cannot figure out why she doesn't tell him what is going on.  I feel sorry for him.  Anyhow, that's just my humble opinion.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Still Watcing Grandchester?

Yes I am!  And I agree with you especially about Will and Maya.  Like Geordie said, they knew each other for 3 minutes.  Glad that ended quickly and i am guessing that Cathy's sister will be around for awhile...I just love Leonard and I hope he finds his new nich!

Honored Contributor

DH and I are watching and really enjoying the new series.  But we both commented about the repeating storyline of the angst-ridden vicar trying to find true love and sleeping with various women while on the journey.

Come on, it was bad enough when Sidney was doing that!  Can't any of these vicars find an available woman they're attracted to?  (Not setting a very good example for their flock, if any of them found out.)

I think Mrs. C. is coming to terms with what happened to her as a young girl.  She's lived with that secret her whole life and not she thinks she's being punished.  I can certainly understand her unraveling.

Leonard is a joy to watch, but I'm wondering - where is Daniel???  He was in the first show, but I can't recall seeing him since.

Honored Contributor

I love this show!  Didn't realize it was back on again.  Will have to check my PBS schedule.

Respected Contributor

I ADORE GRANTCHESTER!

Each week I treasure it more.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

DH and I are watching and really enjoying the new series.  But we both commented about the repeating storyline of the angst-ridden vicar trying to find true love and sleeping with various women while on the journey.

Come on, it was bad enough when Sidney was doing that!  Can't any of these vicars find an available woman they're attracted to?  (Not setting a very good example for their flock, if any of them found out.)

I think Mrs. C. is coming to terms with what happened to her as a young girl.  She's lived with that secret her whole life and not she thinks she's being punished.  I can certainly understand her unraveling.

Leonard is a joy to watch, but I'm wondering - where is Daniel???  He was in the first show, but I can't recall seeing him since.

It seems the message is - The church is hypocritical and God doesn't answer the prayers of the faithful.  The only "good" priest is one whom the church discarded.

Honored Contributor

I too like this show.  But another disaster love affair for Will is getting tiresome.  Im hoping that maybe Kathy's sister will be the permanent lady in his life.  I like her character very much.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Yes , I watch and like it . I have to say though ; I prefer Sydney ( the first Vicar) , over Will . Leonard is a keeper ! He’s so kind and makes me laugh .

Respected Contributor

I also love Leonard's character, my favorite.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Will just fine.  What I miss from how the show used to be is how the show would often end with Sydney at the pulpit preaching a life lesson.  I wish they would have Will doing more Godly things and less carnal things.