Honored Contributor

Re: Anne Heche under Influence of Cocaine

Sometimes people hit bottom before they realize something's wrong and if they have have the will they can pull out of it and be a better person. But some people hit bottom and they never make it back to get that chance unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

I just wish people who want to take their own lives or don't care anymore

would not take others with them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

The authorities should be able to determine how much cocaine was in her system, but that will probably take some time.  Cocaine can stay in the bloodstream for up to 2 days after it was last used.  That doesn't necessarily mean that she was "high" when she was driving.

She could have been given fentanyl in the hospital.  If not, the cocaine that she used could have been laced with fentanyl.  it's entirely possible that she was not aware of that.  Many dealers mix fentanyl with other drugs and most buyers are not aware of it.

My DD is a recovering addict with pre-existing mental health issues and I have learned a lot from her experience.  She is clean and sober right now and I do everything I can to support her with that, as I'm sure that Anne's family has done as well.  There is only so much you can do when the person is a functioning adult.  A 5150 or involuntary admission to rehab isn't possible unless the person has demonstrated that they are a danger to themselves or others.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

How shocking that they found cocaine in her system.  I am surprised that they didn't find more illegal drugs in her system.

@lgfan wrote:

How shocking that they found cocaine in her system.  I am surprised that they didn'

Disgracefully rude.

I hope she survives and recovers. She has two small children.

@ellaphant 

She certainly wasn't thinking of her two children when she was doing coke and driving into someone's house.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

Now they are saying that she is pretty much brain dead and not expected to survive.

Respected Contributor

@THETOT Yes, I just read that they are keeping her alive right now for potential organ donation.

Honored Contributor

It is so tragic all around and I'm wondering if the cocaine, possibly mixed with fentanyl, caused her extreme erratic and violent behavior. I was just reading about what it can do. It is sad that her life is gone, just snuffed out and also that her actions caused another injured person and  home and lifetime of memories destroyed for another.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I just read on Yahoo that she is not expected to survive and will be taken off life support.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay I think that her family and the rest of us may never know what happened to Anne that day.  You're so right that it is tragic for everyone involved.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there is still so much we don't know about mental illness, injury, disability, and substance abuse.

It's not my place to judge anyone. Is it not possible we are all just one severe bump on the head, one electrical shock, one inadvertent drug interaction away before something messes us up?

There but for the grace of God go I.