Esteemed Contributor

Ann Wedgeworth from Another World soap opera

Just read she has died at the age of 83.  I remember her as Lahoma on AW - i think her boyfriend's name was Sam?   Loved Another World and was sorry to see it end.

Anyone else remember her?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ann Wedgeworth from Another World soap opera

I remember her from the cast of the tv show "Evening Shade" and the film "Steel Magnolias".

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I remember her from the cast of the tv show "Evening Shade" and the film "Steel Magnolias".

Was she the aunt that made the groom's cake in Steel Magnolias ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@twinsister Wow.  You just took me down memory lane back to the sixties!  Another World was always on the T.V. when I got home from school.  It was my mom's favorite "story" as she called it.

I do remember Ann as "Lahoma".  Great character on the show.  I also remember Rachel and her mom Ada.  Then there was Lenore, Alice, Russ....so many great characters.  Lots of big names today are from that show.   

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Was she the aunt that made the groom's cake in Steel Magnolias ?

Yes, "Aunt Fern".

Esteemed Contributor

She played Jack Tripper's lady Lana from Three's Company

Honored Contributor

Ann Wedgeworth,

Image result for rest in peace images

Esteemed Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@twinsister Wow.  You just took me down memory lane back to the sixties!  Another World was always on the T.V. when I got home from school.  It was my mom's favorite "story" as she called it.

I do remember Ann as "Lahoma".  Great character on the show.  I also remember Rachel and her mom Ada.  Then there was Lenore, Alice, Russ....so many great characters.  Lots of big names today are from that show.   

@LdyBugz It was the same for me - my mom would be watching AW when I came home from school.  I remember all the characters you mentioned, plus Missy and Bill and Aunt Liz.  Great memories.   

P.S  I love ladybugs!!

Valued Contributor

I just read this in the news. Smiley Sad I loved her on Three's Company playing Lana. She was always going after Jack and Mr. Furley was always going after her.
Honored Contributor

I vaguely remember her from AW and it's spinoff Somerset, as my mother watched them both, and I also more vividly remember her characters from a number of other shows and movies... She also did a good bit of stage work... A fun character actress... Sorry to hear of her passing...

Related image

In my pantry with my cupcakes...