Honored Contributor

All in the Family Marathon - Antenna TV

I just stumbled upon an All in the Family marathon on Antenna TV.  Right now it's the one where they introduce the Maude character.  I am crying I am laughing so hard . . . Smiley LOL

Regular Contributor

Re: All in the Family Marathon - Antenna TV

I love that show so much!

Esteemed Contributor

Love it too.

Watched the whole season a few years ago on Antenna TV.

Saw some of the episode this a.m. Edith going to jury duty.

Love that crazy Archie.

Esteemed Contributor

One of the best sit coms EVER! 

Honored Contributor

They are keeping the marathon going until every episode has been aired. All 9 seasons, enjoy!!

Honored Contributor

Oh @Shelbelle I didn't realize it would run for the entire series, wow I don't have to change the channel for the rest of the weekend!  I watched an episode last night where Edith tried to get a loan to surprise Archie with a TV but the bank wouldn't give her one without his signature . . . yikes that took me back and not in a good way!

I look forward to the ones with Bea Arthur, those are my favorites.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh @Shelbelle I didn't realize it would run for the entire series, wow I don't have to change the channel for the rest of the weekend!  I watched an episode last night where Edith tried to get a loan to surprise Archie with a TV but the bank wouldn't give her one without his signature . . . yikes that took me back and not in a good way!

I look forward to the ones with Bea Arthur, those are my favorites.

Yes, and she coaxed Archie into paying her back wages for all her years of housework, Edith was quite clever when she needed to be.

I think Bea Arthur was only in 2 episodes, the original when Maude camr to visit them, and then one just before Maude got her spin off show when her daughter was getting remarried, and Edith and Archie came for the wedding.

Honored Contributor

Tonight at 9:30 ET is the iconic episode with Sammy Davis Jr.

Regular Contributor

One of the comedies ever! Boy was that show shocking in the seventies and I love how funny it still is!

Honored Contributor

The marathon runs until Monday morning at 5 AM ET. They will be taking a program break at 10 PM ET and 2 AM ET each night for Johnny Carson to air.