Respected Contributor

Did anyone watch Part One of the Agatha Christie classic "And Then There Were None" last night on the Lifetime Channel?  Part Two is being shown tonight at 9 pm (eastern).  And, in case you missed Part One last night, they are showing it again tonight just prior to Part Two (from 7 to 9pm).  I thought it was very good and atmospheric.  Sam Neill is in it, along with Miranda Richardson, and Aiden Turner (a clean shaven Poldark!).

Honored Contributor

Re: And Then There Were None

[ Edited ]

I didn't watch but loved the book, which I read in my free time in high school.  I've read all of the Christie mysteries and this is one of my favorites. Christie was clever and briliant. 

Respected Contributor

Had to miss it last night due to some drop ins from another state.  So glad you posted this, and that I'll be able to see the first part tonight. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee I loved the book too.  There have been so many versions on film.  This one is really good.  I forgot to mention that this was originally shown on the BBC, so it's a lovely English version.

Honored Contributor

I recorded it, but won't get to watch until this weekend. I love Sam Neil and Aidan Turner. I've enjoyed many different takes on And Then There Were None and remember reading it when I was in middle school.

Frequent Contributor

I recorded last night's episode on my DVR so I could rewatch it.  On the first go-around, I was very distracted by Aidan Turner.  The second watching allowed me to actually pay attention to the program.  This was very enjoyable.  Acting was great, scenery and sets were beautiful, story was suspenseful.  And heads up...Aidan will be in a towel tonight.  Smiley Wink 

Actually, he is a very talented character actor who happens to have leading man charisma.  I love hearing his natural Irish accent as Philip Lombard, which he does not use as Ross Poldark. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @smoky22, had no idea about this.  Have read every word Dame Agatha's written and saw at least one, maybe two versions on film.  I'm looking forward to watching!  

The really great thing about me and Agatha Christie is that with time I always forget who the murderer is LOL so it's a new mystery all over again.  "Murder on the Orient Express" is the only one I can remember!

Honored Contributor

In case you haven't already checked, part 1 is being repeated tonight (on the West Coast at 7 p.m.), so if you didn't get a chance to watch or record it yet, you still can.  It's also being shown twice tonight.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

In case you haven't already checked, part 1 is being repeated tonight (on the West Coast at 7 p.m.), so if you didn't get a chance to watch or record it yet, you still can.  It's also being shown twice tonight.

I think the way they have listed Part One tonight is misleading.  Part One is two hours long.  For some reason they are showing it in one hour blocks.  Be sure to watch (or tape) both hours of Part One from 7pm to 9 pm.  Then at 9pm is the two hour Part Two conclusion.

Valued Contributor

@smoky22 Yes, i watched Part 1 Sunday night and it was brilliant! Thank you for mentioning Sam Neill.. i knew i recognized him but 'couldn't recall his name the entire time i was watching!

Unfortunately, i don't think it's going to work out for me to see Part 2 tonight. When anyone becomes aware of a repeat airing i would greatly appreciate your posting the date, time, and network here. tia! ~ sue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )