Respected Contributor

Re: American Idol vs The Voice

@Ibby114, do you remember Caleb Johnson from Season 13 of AI?  He was a rocker and won that year.  DH and I really liked him.

And I agree with what you posted; just didn't want to keep "quoting" as they get so long.

Cade is very good and wouldn't mind if he won; very humble too.  I forgot to mention that I wasn't unhappy to see Mara go; she was on AGT a few years ago  While I think she has a good voice (not great), I think her problem is that she comes across "liking herself" way too much and can't take constructive criticism which shows on her face.  I'm surprised she hasn't been on the Voice.

The only thing I know is that I really miss Simon, Paula and Randy.

Thanks for your post.

Esteemed Contributor

Also keep in mind, west coasters, those on PDT, if you want to vote it will be on at five o'clock.  I think it repeats at its regular time, but for voting purposes.   At least they keep those on the west coast who want to vote in mind.  The Voice doesn't feel our votes matter, unless, of course, you are just voting based on past performances.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Ibby114, do you remember Caleb Johnson from Season 13 of AI?  He was a rocker and won that year.  DH and I really liked him.

And I agree with what you posted; just didn't want to keep "quoting" as they get so long.

Cade is very good and wouldn't mind if he won; very humble too.  I forgot to mention that I wasn't unhappy to see Mara go; she was on AGT a few years ago  While I think she has a good voice (not great), I think her problem is that she comes across "liking herself" way too much and can't take constructive criticism which shows on her face.  I'm surprised she hasn't been on the Voice.

The only thing I know is that I really miss Simon, Paula and Randy.

Thanks for your post.

@HisElk1 I forgot about Caleb- we never hear about him! Another 'where is he now?'  AI winner. Woman Frustrated When I originally posted I was thinking David Cook was the only rocker that won, but he was really more pop rock. A side note, David is on Broadway right now in 'Kinky Boots'!! 

Mara is young- way too emotional also- she needs to grow a bit and develop a thicker skin if she wants to be in the music industry. There's no doubt she'll show up on The Voice in future seasons!