Honored Contributor

So tomorrow night these two shows will go head to head with each other, a bold move on ABC's part. I guess it doesn't really matter in today's day and age as you can see both shows. American Idol will probably do well to begin with as people will be curious, but I think The Voice will win out in the end.

Frequent Contributor

Re: American Idol vs The Voice

I quit watching Idol long before it was cancelled the last time.  I was a fan of the voice until I read how it's run behind the scenes.  Now I just keep track of the auditions/battle rounds via Netflix.  IMO, the most talented never get to the finals, and if they do, they don't win.

Honored Contributor

If I had to vote, I'd say The Voice will come ahead in the long run.  But not by much, they'll both do just fine.  

Respected Contributor

It'll be the Voice for us.   I like the fact they can't see the contestants.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I haven't watched American Idol in years.  The last time I watched it I didn't think the contestants were very talented.  However, I have my DVR set to record it this time.  I'm going to try it once again--not sure why.

I love the Voice and have watched it since the second season.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@JDW174 How is it run behind the scenes? 

I've not followed either show, but I did start watching The Voice this season, because I don't have my DWTS.

Kelly Clarkson cracks me up!

Honored Contributor

@JDW174wrote:

I quit watching Idol long before it was cancelled the last time.  I was a fan of the voice until I read how it's run behind the scenes.  Now I just keep track of the auditions/battle rounds via Netflix.  IMO, the most talented never get to the finals, and if they do, they don't win.

I've read several articles about how things are done behind the scenes but never anything negative.  I would have to know exactly where the negative information came from before I would believe it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

american idol for me. i have never missed a season.

i have never really gotten into watching the voice.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I pretty much quit watching Idol when Adam Lambert didn't win, though he has done very well despite that.  Working on his fourth album and touring with Queen as their lead singer. Not too shabby. There was just such a clear difference in talent between him and the winner that it seemed like a travesty.The winner that year has done next to nothing as far as his career. I like the format of The Voice, and I think most of the talent is superior to that of Idol, but I had to quit watching because of Adam and Blake who seem to think the show is all about them. Personally, I prefer most of the women judges. I am sure Kelly will add to that, and she is a great talent. I just won't be watching either The Voice or Idol.

Respected Contributor

@JDW174wrote:

I'm curious...what goes on behind the scenes?