Trusted Contributor

Re: All things DAYS, wk of 06/25/2018

So glad to see Stefan & Ben today.  It was a two-fer.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

Eileen Davidson has quit Y&R due to salary issues.  Wonder if she will return to DAYS now?  I would much rather have her back as Kristen instead of her replacement.

@twin, there can never be a replacement as far as I'm concerned. There's only one Kristen just like there's only one Stefano. And let's not forget all the parts she played!

I posted an article below, says she has quit daytime TV altogether to spend more time with her family, been working for several decades. No mention of a salary dispute, but she did say her character on Y and R does not have any good story lines coming up. I think she has won an Emmy for both roles and feels her work on both shows is done.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Judaline - You know the tradition will continue.  Abigail will cart around that pregnancy test  all over Salem and keep taking it out of her bag and looking at it!!   Just like Serena and the elephant, etc...

And Ciara and the diamond earring. There were others, too. Ciara sure has grown up, lol. I like her a lot.

Honored Contributor

ToDAY I heard Stefan say, 'she should have went' and yesterday Chad said to Abby, 'why didn't you call? I would have came to pick you up at the airport.' Major faux pas. That shouldn't have gotten thru whomever is in charge. Wait. He probably speaks the same way. Mental head slap here.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

Eileen Davidson has quit Y&R due to salary issues.  Wonder if she will return to DAYS now?  I would much rather have her back as Kristen instead of her replacement.

Shocker, I need to get over to Y&R thread.

Valued Contributor

Agree, Looking forward to Kate returning to the role. 

Valued Contributor

The baby in the operating room was definitely dark skin and the baby that was brought to Lani was lighter skin.  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

@twin, there can never be a replacement as far as I'm concerned. There's only one Kristen just like there's only one Stefano. And let's not forget all the parts she played!

I posted an article below, says she has quit daytime TV altogether to spend more time with her family, been working for several decades. No mention of a salary dispute, but she did say her character on Y and R does not have any good story lines coming up. I think she has won an Emmy for both roles and feels her work on both shows is done.

Everything I read says it's about money.  Sony has frozen the pay of Y&R actors for years.  If Sony won't pay her more on Y&R there's no way they're paying her to be on Days where the actors make much less.  (Y&R's ratings are almost double Days).

She's the second big name to leave Y&R in two weeks.

We know Stephen Nichols/Patch left Days four months ago over money.  

There will be more.  

They just signed Lani to another year.  Because she comes cheap.  And her acting reflects why.

Honored Contributor

To be clear for those who don't know:  Both Days and Y&R are Sony shows.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

ToDAY I heard Stefan say, 'she should have went' and yesterday Chad said to Abby, 'why didn't you call? I would have came to pick you up at the airport.' Major faux pas. That shouldn't have gotten thru whomever is in charge. Wait. He probably speaks the same way. Mental head slap here.

@JudalineI always figure when that happens it's down to the actor.  They can memorize dozens of pages but sometimes the way they really talk comes out.  You see it a lot with Galen Gering/Rafe.  I doubt Rafe's "hells" and "damns" are in the script LOL.