Esteemed Contributor

God bless and keep him in this journey. 

Honored Contributor

My father passed away of pancreatic cancer more than 40 yrs ago.  At that time, the diagnosis was a death sentence.   Once you had symptoms of it so they found it, it was terminal. He passed away a few months after it was diagnosed. Smiley Sad   There have been many devopments in treatment since then and there is a greater survival rate, but it is a deadly cancer (it had spread to his liver when they found it).

I wish Trebek well, but don't envy his journey.  And if I recall correctly, not too long ago he signed a lengthy renewal contract to do Jeopardy.

Respected Contributor

This is so sad.  I watch Jeopardy every day.  He said:  

"I'm going to fight this, and I'm going to keep working. And with the love and support of my family and friends and with the help of your prayers also, I plan to beat the low survival rate statistics for this disease."

He also (jokingly) said he has three years to go on his current contract.

Trusted Contributor

I like Alex.  I know this can be a difficult cancer.  I wish his journey to be as peaceful as possible. 

Super Contributor
@tansy
Maybe you could reach out to Alex somehow even if it’s on Twitter inform him of the blog and the woman
Would give him hope !
Respected Contributor

Devastating news, and always a shock when your hear the word cancer for anyone.  I wish Mr. Trebec and his family faith, hope, peace and the power of prayer to help through this challenging journey.

Valued Contributor

@AKgirl2 I just watched the Jeopardy All-Star shows and Alex did his usual great job.  This is sad news, and while a cancer diagnosis isn't always a death sentence, pancreatiic cancer has such a low survival rate.  I hope AT is among the 1%.

Honored Contributor

Patrick Swayze died of pancreatic cancer.  He sure lived longer than my dad did after his diagnosis.  However, it's still a very painful disease.  I remember how Swayze looked so wasted away near the end.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee Didn't Michael Landon also have this cancer?  I remember him also looking so bad towards the end.

Honored Contributor

@Gsmom wrote:
@tansy
Maybe you could reach out to Alex somehow even if it’s on Twitter inform him of the blog and the woman
Would give him hope !

I must not have been clear, @Gsmom .  Unfortunately, after having the WHIPPLE procedure and being declared cancer free, it has returned.  She most likely only has a few months to live now.