Esteemed Contributor

A Million Little Things

[ Edited ]

interesting. A sad subject. Suicide

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah...it’s better than I expected.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked it and will watch the next episode.  I'm very curious to find out why Jon's assistant did what she did.  Interesting relationships.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t watch it on purpose .... whenever I turn on the news it’s nothing but, murder & other horrible stuff that I really don’t want to hear about .... so, the TV shows that I choose to watch are comedies, musicals or any up beat shows that put me in a happy mood.... I don’t want to watch tear jerkers that pull me down especially right before bedtime.🙃

Honored Contributor

@January121  I'm with you.  I don't want to watch things that are true to life so much so that if puts me in a state where that sad mood stays with me.  There are enough real sad things that happen in all our lives and I don't need tv shows or movies to negatively impact me.  I want to see funny and upbeat shows.  

Valued Contributor

I decided not to watch. My brother committed suicide 7 years ago, and it still hurts. I thought it would be too hard to take, even though it is only a tv show.

cookin

Respected Contributor

The show reminded me of the movie The Big Chill, and of friendships and relationships.

I like the movie, it is a favorite however I doubt if a weekly series will be able to keep it that good. Maybe if I did not see the movie I would not have those expectations.

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I didn’t watch it on purpose .... whenever I turn on the news it’s nothing but, murder & other horrible stuff that I really don’t want to hear about .... so, the TV shows that I choose to watch are comedies, musicals or any up beat shows that put me in a happy mood.... I don’t want to watch tear jerkers that pull me down especially right before bedtime.🙃

OMG that is exactly why I did not watch.  It looked like a wonderful show though.  Just not for me.  

Honored Contributor

I liked the show and will watch again. First I have to say the promo mentioned you would need tissues at the ready, on a scale of 1 (didn't cry) - 5 ( sobbing uncontrollably), I was a 1. Secondly, I don't approve of Eddie ( David Giutoli) having an affair with Delilah (Stephanie Szostak) the wife of his best friend Jon (Ron Livingston) who committed suicide. I think Jon knew about the affair, he said in a toast about friendship is trust with your wallet, keys,wife, and kids. You saw Jon tried to call Eddie who was in bed with Delilah, he ignored the call. Lastly Jon's assistant Ashley (Christina Ochoa) is definitely hiding something. It wouldn't surprise me if she was having an affair with Jon.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

The show reminded me of the movie The Big Chill, and of friendships and relationships.

I like the movie, it is a favorite however I doubt if a weekly series will be able to keep it that good. Maybe if I did not see the movie I would not have those expectations.

@chiclets, I thought exactly the same thing.