Respected Contributor

We just finished 3 seasons and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's billed as a drama, mystery, comedy and it really is.  Agatha's wardrobe is something else.  There is a 4th season but it's not available here, at this time.

Honored Contributor

Might I suggest you also consider the books by author MC Beaton. They're great fun. The series was enjoyable but a few too many liberties were taken and, to me, the books were better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I've watched Agatha off and on.  It is entertaining, but I can't watch it for long time periods; am about half way thru the 2nd season.  Too silly in parts!!

Honored Contributor

@corita I agree with you. I can't take a lot of it because of the silliness. Maybe once in a while.

Honored Contributor

Got the DVD from the library and did not care for it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

I enjoyed the series.  It was light hearted and able to pull my mind away from all the harsh realities of what was going on in the world.  A delightful piece of escapism!

Another British series I enjoyed is Shakespeare and Hathaway.  Again, I was able to escape for a little while!

Valued Contributor

Love Agatha Raisin!!! Give me a good British who-done-it any day! (Right now I'm obsessed with Midsomer Murders, which I recently found out has been resurrected and new episodes are already in production.) 

Honored Contributor

I love that show.  It's just fun and funny to watch but I think the main thing is Agatha's wardrobe!  

Respected Contributor

I had tried to read the books but I found her so annoying I couldn't read more than 1 or 2.  Now Hamish MacBeth I thoroughly enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I had tried to read the books but I found her so annoying I couldn't read more than 1 or 2.  Now Hamish MacBeth I thoroughly enjoy!

@RainyDayGal  Interesting because while I can take or leave the Hamish books, I enjoyed the early Agatha books. The later books aren't quite as much fun but either way, yes Agatha was quite a character. Sadly, MC Beaton passed away a few years back, so there will be no new installments for either or for the several other series she had authored over many years under various names.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...