Esteemed Contributor

What a natural beauty. RIP 🙏

Honored Contributor

She was blessed with so much outward beauty, and I sense that she had a lovely soul to match.  How well I remember her from my youth.

Exquisite skin and hair.  

May she rest in peace.  

Esteemed Contributor

She was so very beautiful!   I liked her in Woman's World with June Allyson and Lauren Bacall.  May she rest in peace.

Esteemed Contributor

Is it just me thinking. the female and male stars of long ago were so much better looking than the majority of today,s stars?

The women were beautiful, classy and elegant.

Honored Contributor

She definitely was beautiful. I don't know if I ever saw her in anything, but I read her beauty book when I was a teenager. I was not anywhere near thinking about marriage, but years later when I did I used advice I got from her book! And I still remember that book and her! 

I watched Falcon Crest, and Lorenzo Lamas was a big deal, so I knew she was his mother. And didn't Billy Crystal base his SNL character on his father? 

Thank you @Johnnyeager for posting these beautiful pictures!  

Honored Contributor

qvcaddition,

I fully agree with you about the stars of yesteryear being more beautiful/handsome than those of today.  And to think that most of them never had so much as an injection or any adjustment to their natural-born features.

Several months ago I read that plastic surgery and injections oftentimes make the women look more masculine.  That made me think about such a possibility.  Perhaps Botox injections plump up the skin and, as a result, make wrinkles go away, but at the same time, the contours of the face are changed and maybe "squared off" or become larger by virtue of being blown up.  A square jaw and larger features are typically associated with men.

I don't know, but the statement was food for thought.  Then, too, there is the fact that so many appear to get the same "look," so that there is not much in the way of a true variety of looks.   

Honored Contributor

96 years living a full life...that's meeting goals.  

Valued Contributor

She was a lovely person..I met her in NYC in the late 70's or early 80's..At that time she had a line of wigs sold only at Sears..My husband was a Sears executive in the NY office..I was able to go to meet her..nothing phony about her..she was a delight.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Actress Arlene Dahl RIP

[ Edited ]

Arlene appeared in wig ads for her line at Sears and, as the Sears beauty executive, was also in the Wishbook in the early 1970s.

ads+Dahl.jpgpage0150.jpg

Trusted Contributor

arlene dahl.png