Regular Contributor

I would like to  know anything about acorn tv as I like British shows.  I have Amazon Prime, does anyone know how this works when you have this.  TIA

Honored Contributor

I subscribed to Acorn through Amazon, and I access it on my iPad through my Amazon video app.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

Forgive me if I seem clueless, but I have Amazon Prime and access through Netflix is this the same. TIA

Occasional Contributor

I've had Acorn TV for the past several years and I do like it very much.  I use my Roku to access that particular channel.  I would suggest you do the free trial period to see if you might like to continue.  I think that would be best since everyone likes their own types of programming.  There is another channel that just started here in the US through Roku.  BritBox.  You might want to do a free trial to see which one of the two you might like.  Acorn TV is cheaper on a yearly basis than, I believe, BritBox is.  I see BritBox took a couple of old Acorn TV programs and put them on their channel.  Hope this helps.

Valued Contributor

@Mom in NY wrote:

I would like to  know anything about acorn tv as I like British shows.  I have Amazon Prime, does anyone know how this works when you have this.  TIA

@I also have Amazon Prime and signed up for Acorn through amazon ~ it's $4.99 @ month, but I've been thinking of changing to subscribe through Acorn itself, since they offer a discount if you pay a yearly rate. 

I access Acorn through Amazon on my Roku or my Amazon Firestick. 

If I change "providers" though, I'm going to have to compile a list of the shows that I'm currently watching so I can add them on Acorn. 

does this make more sense now, @Mom in NY? / or have I confused you more? 

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input.

Regular Contributor

I have been watching series 4 of Home Is Where the Heart Is.  Does anyone know if you can watch the other 3 series.  Ive tried to access it and cannot find them.  Can anyone help.  Thank you.