Honored Contributor

47b90c04ed03c093a5e0519a91f6c472.jpg

His wife, Heather, has reported that he died at 86 a few days ago of natural causes, while on vacation in Paris.

The rangy, yeoman character actor and sometime leading man, appeared on Broadway, films, and TV.  Known for Westerns like "Chisum", with John Wayne.  And other period projects like "Gettysburg".   He appeared in countless TV series, often multiple times, from circa 1960 onward.

Fans of the legendary TV classic,  "The Fugitive",  remember him as David Janssen's petulant, conflicted race car driver younger brother in one episode, although he also appeared as a different character in another.

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 12-45-22 The Fugitive (1963).png

I enjoy these versatile journeyman actors from that era.  He was especially effective in "The Miracle Worker",  as Helen Keller's ambivalent half-brother,  who develops an interesting taunting-but-attracted relationship with her teacher,  Annie Sullivan, as played by Anne Bancroft:

MV5BNTBjNDJiY2YtZDBjMi00ZGU3LWFkYjYtNzI4OTU3YjRhYjdjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

RIP to a hard-working actor whose career spanned many decades.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - I remember Andrew Prine very well from so many '60's TV shows, including The Fugitive.   He was married to actress Brenda Scott more than once.  I always thought they made such a nice looking couple.  May he rest in peace.

On a side note - the Decades channel is airing The Fugitive as their weekend binge starting Saturday at noon.  Will try to catch a few episodes again!

Esteemed Contributor

I have not watched The Miracle Worker in a very long time.  I need to see if I can find that somewhere and watch it again.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Rest In Peace Rip GIF - Rest In Peace Rip In Loving Memory GIFs

Honored Contributor

He was really good as Patty  Dukes' brother in Helen Keller.

Respected Contributor

I remember him from an old series called Wide Country with Earl Holliman about rodeo riders.

Honored Contributor

I always thought he was interesting looking and sort of attractive in his youth. Rarely the 'star' but always more than competent in his roles. I liked him.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Nice remembrance, @Oznell. He had a memorable face (I never confused him with anyone else), and he always seemed to play characters one never quite liked. Good actor. RIP.

Honored Contributor

I just saw him last night on an episode of One Day A Time from 1980, so handsome.