Honored Contributor

I watched the first episode of this five-episode (so far) arc. What caught my eye was that it starts Cush Jumbo, who I really liked in the TV series The Good Wife and the follow-up series to that called The Good Fight, where she played Lucca Quinn. 

In this series, following the death of her son in a hit and run, all Frances Cairnes (Quinn) wants is to hunt down and kill the man she believes is responsible. When she finally tracks him down, she tricks her way into his house and plots his murder from within.

I would describe it as "moody and dark" and she lets you know right away she plans to murder the person who killed her son. There are no comedic scenes in the first episodes, and I thought there are any in the entire series. Did keep my attention though.

Anyone else watching this new series? Any thoughts on the acting?

Honored Contributor

Re: AMC - The Beast Must Die

I've recorded it but haven't watched it yet.

Honored Contributor

I watched the first episode and it was okay. It kept my interest through most of the show but there were some slow segments, too. At this point I'll give it another shot or two and then decide whether or not to continue watching. 

Honored Contributor

I've already binged the 1st season.  I found this limited series really fascinating.  A lot of twist & turns.  The finale was weird/strange.

The main female character is one of the lawyers of the series The Good Fight.  She plays Lucca.  She was also in The Good Wife w/the same name.

Season 2 will have a new "title."  The only returning character is the dectective.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Watched it last night and it was fine. I am familiar with Cush Jumbo from the British detective series Vera. 

I liked the detective best of the cast. The others not so much.

Did find it a bit creepy that she attached herself to the young model to get information. 

Honored Contributor

So I did finally watch it.  It was good, not great.  I'm not sure it lived up to what I was expecting from the preview trailer, but I'll continue with the series.

Super Contributor

Watched episode 2 last night and was disappointed. The main character was even more creepy and attaches herself like a leech to the young model. She hangs around and snoops while the younger woman sleeps and when asked to leave the apt she goes out to sit on the steps and then wants in again. She then takes the young woman home to visit her family on the island and starts snooping around again, even breaking into a locked outbuilding.

The 2nd plot with the detective is disturbing in a different way as he has guilt or PTSD, or both, over the death of his police partner and keeps freaking out. 

Not sure I will watch next week. This show is not what I expected and none of the characters are even slightly likeable.

Honored Contributor

@MildredM wrote:

Watched episode 2 last night and was disappointed. The main character was even more creepy and attaches herself like a leech to the young model. She hangs around and snoops while the younger woman sleeps and when asked to leave the apt she goes out to sit on the steps and then wants in again. She then takes the young woman home to visit her family on the island and starts snooping around again, even breaking into a locked outbuilding.

@MildredM  Do you have children?  If you do........

What would you do to find the "killer" of your child if the police failed and/or closed the case?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I watched about twenty minutes and then decided this show is not for me. At least I tried.

Honored Contributor

For some reason Episode 2 did not record on my machine. When I do a search on  Direct TV for the AMC episode, it says something about additional costs to have the AMC repeat of what I missed. Smiley Sad

I show that episode 3 will record, and I hope I haven't missed too much.