Honored Contributor

A VERY SOULFUL, FILM NOIR-ISH PERRY MASON EP. WEDNESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN FET

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 1.30.50 PM.png

8:00 p.m. Eastern, Wednesday FETV --  Perry Mason,  "The Case of the Empty Tin".     Raymond Burr, Barbara Hale, William Hopper, Ray Collins, William Talman, Toni Gerry, Warren Stevens, Olive Deering, Benson Fong, Mary Shipp, Anthony Jochim, Frank Wilcox

Arguably, one of the best episodes.  A financially strapped young woman in San Francisco is urged by her friend, an elderly camera shop owner, to present herself as the long-lost heiress to a huge fortune.  She has strong reason to believe that she is indeed, the missing heiress. 

MV5BMGM5M2Q1MDMtNGFiNi00YmIxLWFkODEtMTBiNzZmODdhYWMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4MTYxMA@@._V1_.jpg

But there are other, aggressive claimants, a suave, slippery lawyer who "vets" them, and a jealous secretary with potent knowledge of secrets...  what's a young woman to do, but to enlist a truth-seeking Perry in her hazardous quest...

There's something very haunting and noir-ish about this one--  not to be missed!

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 1.25.19 PM.png 

Respected Contributor

Re: A VERY SOULFUL, FILM NOIR-ISH PERRY MASON EP. WEDNESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN FET

@Oznell 

You and I share similar tastes in Perry Mason episodes.  I too love this episode!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Re: A VERY SOULFUL, FILM NOIR-ISH PERRY MASON EP. WEDNESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN FET

Hey, @4kitties --   we know quality!

Honored Contributor

Just finished watching it. These early episodes are good.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing!