Contributor

I felt so bad for this lady. Being dumped in the middle of no where like that.

How does the guy go from loving her and catering to her like crazy to this.

The sister was awful too.

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!
Formerly catlover with over 10,000 posts
Honored Contributor

The sister was way out of line but I agreed with Dr. Now. You can't make brash, impulsive decisions and expect it to go well.

Why she was moving to participate in a program she knew she hadn't been accepted into yet is beyond me. Never should have been on the road in the first place. And they did offer to take her down all the way but she decided to strand herself and be stubborn.

I think Ricky made the right decision to say goodbye. She was using him and not appreciating his family's sacrifices for her whims without her doing the work and I think that's what set the sister off. She was trying to protect her brother who she mentioned was not fully capable. To have him move in with a woman where he's literally doing some of the things Lacy mentioned he had to do for her has got to be shocking and heartbreaking. 

At the end, Lacy realized that she threw away a good person because she couldn't do her part for the relationship and for herself. Sometimes you got to walk the walk, swallow your pride, and get it done. 

Honored Contributor

I feel like all of these people had some sort of mental health issues and should have never been on the show.

Contributor

I must have missed the part where they offered to take her all the way..........

yes, having to wipe a butt is going above and beyond for sure.

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!
Formerly catlover with over 10,000 posts
Honored Contributor

@catlover7777 wrote:

I must have missed the part where they offered to take her all the way..........

yes, having to wipe a butt is going above and beyond for sure.

Rick asked to meet Lacey at the hotel where she spent the night. And said they would drive her to Dr. Now's office. But Lacey replied that she was not going to step foot into Sharon's vehicle.

I can understand why Sharon got so upset. Her brother has epilepsy and is prone to seizures. I bet she has spent lots of time and heartache looking after him through the years. And since Rick can't drive. She has spent countless hours driving him to where he has to go. 

Then you add Lacey. And the sister will have another person to look after. The sister had to take them grocery shopping and since Lacey had weight issues I am sure that those grocery trips were frequent and lengthy. And add the fact that Lacey lied and was not accepted into the program yet. Lacey had not done what Dr. Now requested about getting  weighed in 2 months or even attempted to contact Dr. Now's office.

The first trip to Houston took 10 travel days and Sharon had to do all the driving. Sharon was positive throughout the entire first trip. Sharon got upset on the second trip because Lacey lied. And who worked to empty out Lacey's apartment? And load the UHaul and donate her furniture? Sharon was putting in alot of time and effort and Lacey didn't seem to be. Lacey was making everyone else do the work.

It was painful to see Lacey stranded at the gas station. But if Lacey refused to step back into Sharon's vehicle, what was Lacey's plan? Make someone else step up and take her. 

And I read that Lacey now has a new boyfriend.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla  What do you bet, that if Lacey really does have a new boyfriend, he's a feeder. She wants someone to wait on her and enable her. 

While I thought Lacey's ex-fiancee's sister was unnecessarily cruel to Lacey, she could see what was happening to her brother, who has medical issues and clearly some cognitive challenges.

She mentioned she has power of attorney for the brother's care. She seems to love her brother and is taking her role seriously for his protection. But, we can't rule out that there are secondary gains for her, too, that could become problematic with him marrying. 

However, I can see why she wouldn't want to take on the care and responsibilities of another person, particularly one who was a user, and not investing in their own care.

All said, it was hard to watch this group of dysfunctional individuals, each struggling with their own complicated issues. It was a train wreck.

I hope that they have a follow-up with Lacey at some point. It was left leaving viewers far too uncomfortable. 

Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch  If Lacey doesn't take responsibilty for herself & get on a path to getting approved for surgery or lose the weight on her own (which I doubt would ever happen) there's really no need for a followup episode on her. 

She was a hot mess, but I didn't really much care for Ricky or his sister, either!

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@BlueFinch  If Lacey doesn't take responsibilty for herself & get on a path to getting approved for surgery or lose the weight on her own (which I doubt would ever happen) there's really no need for a followup episode on her. 

She was a hot mess, but I didn't really much care for Ricky or his sister, either!

This is what I found, it was dated 12/1/2021

After an episode of My 600-Lb. Life airs, viewers turn to social media to find a 2021 update on cast members such as Lacey Buckingham. Where is she now? What is she doing? Fortunately, Lacey is pretty active on Facebook. This even included posting a full-body photo less than two months ago. While Lacey looks happy and appears to be oozing confidence in the photo on her profile… It does not appear as if she’s made much progress in her weight loss journey.
My 600 Lb Life - Lacey Buckingham

Four weeks ago, Lacey also took to Facebook with a desperate plea. She explained that her rent was about to go up several hundred dollars. And, there was no way she could afford the price hike. She informed her Facebook friends and family she was about to be homeless once again.

As she revealed in the episode, her comments on this post also confirmed Lacey has a lot of people who love and support her. Many of her friends and family quickly chimed in to support her. They told her there was no way they would allow her to be homeless. Four weeks have passed and she seems to be happier. She hasn’t mentioned being homeless again. The last time she posted a photo of herself was in October.

My 600 Lb Life - Lacey Buckingham Facerbook