Honored Contributor

I did not watch last season.................it looks like a very interesting idea.

What's it like to be in jail-for real..........

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Did my thread get killed?  Darn.  That's ok.  I hardly ever start threads on this board, anyway.

I'm looking forward to the second season and I did watch the first one.   It was pretty interesting.  All of the participants, except one, were good people and there for good reasons.   That one guy - yuck!   He was, and from the 'six months after' show, STILL is so gross.

Respected Contributor

Why would they kill a thread about that show? I did watch it and I saw the update on the partiicpants.

Most of them had the best of intentions, but I think some were chosen to make them grow up--the young mother and teen from West Philly.

The teacher was creepy. I don't think I would want that guy around my kids. I don't think he's a pedophile--I just think he is a weirdo. Plus, I think he wants to be "famous."--so some of this is over-the-top on purpose.

Honored Contributor

I was wrong.  After I posted I looked and it's just a little bit down the page.   Smiley Happy

One reason I don't usually start threads here - if you're not either popular (nothing wrong with that!) or a trouble-maker, your threads die pretty quickly.

Anyway, I'm just glad to see people discussing the show.  I liked it, even though Robert makes me want to puke!

I don't have kids but I KNOW that if I did, I wouldn't want them around Robert either.   yuckkkkk

Honored Contributor

Oh!  BTW, I thought I'd mention it here, too - the new season starts this Thursday (8/18).    There is also a 'pre-show' thing that airs right before the actual episode.  (A&E) d  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I watched a marathon of this show one weekend this summer. I liked it. I didn't see the end interviews except the ones shown on tv. Were there more? Season 2 is supposed to begin in a few days. I must say the men seemed to be a lot bigger troublemakers than the women in there. That teacher was just plain nuts. There is seriously something wrong with that man.

I wonder why the inmates were allowed to walk around as much as they did? I don't get that. I kept asking my husband and he said they just do. Sure. Sorry but that's not an answer. Oh well, who knows. But I found it weird. I thought they'd all be in their cells and not allowed to run into each other's cells and walk around the jail keeping others up all night. 

Honored Contributor

I watched the original season completely...especially took an interest since Maryum Ali was part of the project.

I'm guessing the upcoming season(s) will be 'upping the ante' for shock value & viewer #s.  Just in the short commercials for S2, there were several sexual/nudity scenes....ie. 'upping the ante'.  That alone is enough for me to tune out.  The situation is still real but the editing for future seasons won't be as authentic as S1.

Zac's wife is in S2.  In the 'where are they now' episode recently aired, we found out while Zac was in Police training, his wife was 'protecting herself' & discharged his police weapon.  Of course Zac was kicked out of the Force immediately....and has a hard time finding a job due to her actions.  If I'm not mistaken, she's had drug issues & spent time in jail in the past. 

I have a feeling the 'bit', while useful for LE, won't go past S2.

I'm surprised the real inmates don't 'catch wind' of this project through outside sources.  Really surprised they're working with the same facility.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you, Sidsmom, about 'upping the ante'.   I was thinking about that the other day - wondering if they were just going to go crazy with manufactured drama.  That's where you usually lose me, but I know that it's the market for a lot of others.  Smiley Wink

I'm also surprised that they are going into the same jail!   I would have thought that they would go to different locations, in an effort to keep it more hush-hush.    Or, maybe they just filmed the seasons pretty quickly so that nothing got out before the updates and the next season.

Honored Contributor

Yeah I was surprised when I saw some previews of season 2. I thought some of the things the men did on season 1 were pretty bad.