Honored Contributor

Re: 2023 Emmy Nominations Are Announced

Bradley Whitfield did a guest shot on SVU, he was amazing, I was so hoping to see his name for a guest star. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Bradley Whitfield did a guest shot on SVU, he was amazing, I was so hoping to see his name for a guest star. 

You may be referring to Bradley Whitford.

I don't watch SVU but he's a very good actor.

Respected Contributor

These people are idiots, if they didn't nominate "Yellowstone", for anything.

Just Idiots!!

Respected Contributor

No Meghan and Harry?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Same names and shows year after year, and the omission of regular network shows, total turnoff to me. 

I completely agree with you but also have to say the networks contribute a lot to their own epic failure by offering an awful lot of less than stellar programming. The seemingly never ending cheap to produce and mindless game, dating and competition shows, and an overabundance of sports instead of more quality scripted programming makes them increasingly non-starters. There are a few good shows still being produced by once major networks, but not many. It's really a shame. I  remember when we had far fewer channels and far better shows. As for awards shows, I no longer have an interest in any of them. To me, they've lost whatever relevance they might've once had.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Succession deserves to win them all
"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

You may be referring to Bradley Whitford.

I don't watch SVU but he's a very good actor.

Yes, you are correct, thanks. He did a fab job in one of this seasons episodes as a person with dementia. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sad to see them overlooking the network TV comedies. I love Young Sheldon and the writing on it is great. It shouldn't have been over looked. I also love The Rookie and that show is well written and well directed. It too, should have not been passed over. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Same names and shows year after year, and the omssion of regular network shows, total turnoff to me. 

ITA @Shelbelle . I gave up watching a while ago. Wendi McClendon-Covey, who did an outstanding job in The Goldbergs, never was even nominated. 

At one time even if I didn't watch the show I knew who the actors were. Now I don't. Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

My favorite old-fashioned broadcast network show, Abbott Elementary, received 8 nominations (5 in acting categories), so I'm pleased and content.