Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2022 Oscars If you watched.....

@Indra wrote:

I'm a fan of Chris Rock, Jada Pinckett Smith and Will Smith.  However, I believe Will Smith's Oscar should be withdrawn to demonstrate the the Academy has zero tolerance for violence. 

If not, a Ricky Gervais will need to go on stage with a bodyguard and a weapon. 

No it won't @Indra .  But just in case, let's put some money on this.  Will and Chris are friends.  They are very good actors as well.....LOL

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have read numerous articles about it and saw Kevin Frazier from ET on The Talk, the altercatioin was not planned!!

Yes it was @Shelbelle , despite Kevin Frazier and ET.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I knew the In Memoriam forgot people... they forgot Ed Asner and Bob Saget.   Some of the songs in that tribute were odd choices.  Spirit in the Sky to me wasn't the best choice of song.  I get its message, but it's an upbeat song.   I think those moments of remembering the people who passed in the industry, should be solemn and respectful.

To leave out Ed Asner for Pete's Sake and Bob Saget was a disgrace.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't watch the show. Have absolutely no interest in it.  However, you couldn't miss what Will Smith did.  He is a very low class man and it showed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

What Smith did is disgusting, an uncensored video is on Twitter...he slapped Rock, walked back to his seat & screaming threw the f word around..the exchange wasn't planned, it wasn't a joke. 

You have to know the history of these two and how long Chris has been doing this with Will and Jada to say that.  It was staged.  They needed to get buzz for the Oscars and they got it.  It was a better show than it has ever been @kitcat51 .  

Rock's way of doing comedy is to be brash and insult.  Everyone knows this, including Will.  They are friends in case you didn't know that.

Chris Rock is a comedian. If it were staged he certainly would have had a better comeback. Smiley LOL

I beg to differ here @Love to Run .  They are both actors.  Chris Rock is a comedian and an actor.  There wasn't supposed to be a "comeback" from Chris because the skit was over.  LOL.  We know Will is an excellent actor.  This is all good for Oscar buzz.  They were losing viewership by the millions.  

The tide might have changed on this.

Honored Contributor

Ahhh, yes, the age of enlightenment.  Let's do this!

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset Do you work for the Oscars? You seem very invested in it

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@gertrudecloset Do you work for the Oscars? You seem very invested in it

I am no more "vested" in it than anyone else who is sharing an opinion.  Give me a break!  I'll you another chance at a dig.....GO!!!

@Ladybug724 

Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I do not believe this was a stunt. When you watch the clip you can hear the slap. Chris Rock looked stunned when it happened. 

Perhaps did not know of Jada's condition. I did not know. Was the joke in poor taste. Yes it was. 

Regardless violence is not the answer nor is it ok. Will Smith was laughing as well. He could have defened his wife in a non violent manner. 

I have to say to give Will Smith a standing ovation when he won the award JMO made Hollywood appear like hypocrites. With all the speeches made about Ukraine, and LBGTQ+ and peace and love. How do you than stand for a man who just assualted a man on live TV.  

The standing ovation bothered me as well, @lenapecci.