Respected Contributor

2/18/17: My first time using "On Demand."

If this doesn't prove that I am not proficient with electronics, last night I decided to try to use On Demand TV.  Turns out it was very easy.  I "rented" a movie for $3.99.  My mistake was choosing ARRIVAL  to watch.  I was really looking forward to it but it was a huge disappointment.  90% of it was so dark I couldn't tell who was talking, it had flashbacks that were confusing, the acting was not great, the ending was dumb, and over all, it was just a stupid movie.

Needless to say, I don't recommend it.

Whew, that felt good to get that off my chest.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: 2/18/17: My first time using "On Demand."

On Demand is a great way to catch the shows I missed. Tonight I watched an episode of Blue Bloods.

Honored Contributor

i only use our on demand to catch up on shows that i have missed. i dont spend any money to watch anything. i wait until it comes on on demand for free......or on netflix or hulu.

i do love having the on demand though. today i was home doing paperwork and caught up on episodes of nashville and this is us.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I watched Arrival via On Demand last Sunday, I did like it but I love Science Fiction.  I agree the movie is dark, so dark that I had to close the blinds to watch it because the there was just too much glare when the blinds were open.  At it was dark snowy day. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never used it but I would like to someday

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister, sorry you didn't enjoy your first movie experience with On Demand. I'm betting you already know this, but since you're new to it, it might be worth mentioning. You can always watch a preview, like a trailer, of any movie you're thinking about renting. Just be careful about which choice you click! 

I don't rent many movies, but when I do, I watch the trailer and then Google it to see how others reviewed it. I've actually changed my mind about a few I was considering by doing that.

Someone mentioned watching a movie on Netflix so I checked it out. It's cheaper than On Demand but Netflix actually sends DVDs in the mail. So it's either pay a little more or deal with the DVDs coming and going. What's that saying...six of one, half a dozen of the other?

Anyway, I hope you like your next movie better!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i only use our on demand to catch up on shows that i have missed. i dont spend any money to watch anything. i wait until it comes on on demand for free......or on netflix or hulu.

i do love having the on demand though. today i was home doing paperwork and caught up on episodes of nashville and this is us.

@sunshine45

That's what I use it for too Sunshine......I watched the West Minister Dog Show Agility and the competition for Best In Show, so I caught up on a couple of regular shows I missed......

In all the years I've had O Demand I think I only rented one movie  it was one that was not going to come out on Netflix....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Big Sister, sorry you didn't enjoy your first movie experience with On Demand. I'm betting you already know this, but since you're new to it, it might be worth mentioning. You can always watch a preview, like a trailer, of any movie you're thinking about renting. Just be careful about which choice you click! 

I don't rent many movies, but when I do, I watch the trailer and then Google it to see how others reviewed it. I've actually changed my mind about a few I was considering by doing that.

Someone mentioned watching a movie on Netflix so I checked it out. It's cheaper than On Demand but Netflix actually sends DVDs in the mail. So it's either pay a little more or deal with the DVDs coming and going. What's that saying...six of one, half a dozen of the other?

If you have a streaming device or if your TV is a smart TV, you can stream movies from Netflix instead of having DVDs sent to your home.  HTH 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Big Sister  Good for you.  I'm technically challenged like crazy.  But I'm not afraid to try things and the whole world has opened up!  Ha!  I turned 70 last year and am amazed at all of the people who tell me they won't try some of the new gadgets out there.

I realize ON DEMAND isn't a big deal to some, but I'm like you and sometimes find it difficult to figure things out...so once again....I'll say it...and really mean it...GOOD FOR YOU!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I like celery wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

If you have a streaming device or if your TV is a smart TV, you can stream movies from Netflix instead of having DVDs sent to your home.  HTH 

Hey thanks @I like celery! That's a great thing to know. I don't have a smart TV but I am looking to get a streaming device. So far I don't know whether to get the Amazon Firestick, Google Chromecast, or Roku. 

If Big Sister thinks she's not proficient with electronics she should meet me. I will say I was proud of myself for connecting my router. Yep, connected two cables and I thought I was a superhero! Smiley Very Happy