Honored Contributor

2/13/2019 Celebrity Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

The end is here! Tonight we crown a winner of Celebrity Big Brother! Well, more like the lesser of a group of losers than a winner, but still it ends tonight. None of the final five are really emerging as a winner this year. All will be in damage control mode as soon as they're finally free of the house. Dina may need to do the least damage control, but Dina hasn't really played the game, she's just been there. DIna does have the slight problem of her ex already wanting a cut of her hundred thousand minimum prize.

Yesterday saw Lolo opt not to use her POV and keep the nominations the same, so tonight either Dina or Kandi will be leaving early. (Right now it looks like Dina will be voted out, but who knows what they'll end up doing.) Then the final four will compete to see who wins that last HOH spot. That HOH winner will then pick one person to go head to head with in the final vote with the jury and send two more people to the jury.

Lolo has finally figured out (with Dina's assistance) that Kandi and Tamar have a final two deal and will likely take each other should either one win. Kandi also seems to have convinced Ricky she'll take him if she wins the final HOH, so he's looking to keep her over Dina now. Tamar's been eavesdropping on everyone to try and gather intelligence on what's really going on. Lolo's made a pretend Natalie in Natalie's bed out of a mannequin head that she's been draping in Natalie's clothes and setting Natalie's favorite food around.  

The live feeds will end around noonish (ET) today and stay down until late June, so we won't know any last minute shenanigans that go down pre-show. Expect more wheeling and dealing from Kandi as she tries to convince everyone to keep her and take her to the final two should they win the final HOH, while she's promising to take everyone else to the final two.

Who will win? Well, the fans who no longer feel compelled to watch will be the big winners, but in terms of the players, it's impossible to know. Three jurors will just be joining the jury tonight while the other six have been out and chatting among themselves and their fans on who they should pick as the winner. Publicists for each celebrity have been trying to rally votes for their celebrity and who knows how effective any of them have been. There's no clear favorite of the group, though Kandi seems to have an edge if she makes the final two. Since she's one of the few with an ongoing show, the rest may be hoping to make a guest appearance on the Real Housewives of Atlanta as one of her "friends" to pick up some extra cash down the road. 

On tonight's two hour finale we'll see the outcome of the HOH comp that Ricky won. We'll see the POV comp that Lolo won. We'll see the POV ceremony where the POV wasn't used. We'll get someone (Dina or Kandi) evicted to join the jury. We'll meet up with the jurors again. Then we'll see the final HOH comp and add a couple of more jurors when whoever wins, dumps two more houseguests out the door. Then the big ending to the second season will take place and a winner will emerge from the rubble. (I swear these three weeks felt longer than a normal three month season of BB.)

The winner will be thrilled (at least until they see all the stuff that's been said about them) and be the newest and best ever winnner of Celebrity BB (at least that'll be the spin of their publicist.) Julie can meander back to wherever she's hanging out these days until June, and the rest of us can wonder if it's going to be worth the trouble to set up a VPN to watch the feeds of Big Brother Canada. (Probably not.)

This is one of the rare seasons where I don't really care who wins BB. I don't care who wins the AFP award, though Tom Green seems to have it locked up if you go by the online information out there. If he does win it, they should rename it America's Favorite Trainwreck, instead of player, because that's how he played the game. 

Will Celebrity BB be back in 2020? Probably. The ratings were good enough to bring it back. The celebrities were a bit lacking, but the viewers still tuned in. They may just dump the celebrity part and go with real people though. Apparently two of the cast (Kandi and Joey) were last minute fill-ins when planned for celebrities opted out. There was also apparently lots of last minute scrambling as some tried to negotiate a better deal at the last minute. (Which may be why they needed Kandi and Joey.) They also had to pander to the celebrities a ton with special food, fewer hardships, and letting Joey take three hour showers and have his hairdryer running nearly nonstop. (You just know the audio guys hated that.)

Anyway, it's still been fun to have BB back for a little bit. It's a shame we didn't have a better cast with a few people to really root for, but this group just lacked a true hero to get behind. Tom was more than a bit manic and dragged Kato down with him. Lolo and Tamar seemed to be competing to see who could be nastiest. Ryan was just too dense. Joey and Dina were largely just furniture. Kandi laid so low early on that you could forget she was there, other than when she'd pop up to cause trouble then melt away again. Jonathan was gone early. Natalie had potential but had attitude issues.Just not a good cast. While someone will emerge as the "winner," in reality all of them likely did more damage to their images than they helped them.

I'll be posting live updates during the show tonight, but the first half of the show should be just stuff we already know. Somewhere around 10:30 PM (ET) we should be down to the final two, then around 10:52 PM (ET) the winner will be announced and around 10:58 PM (ET) the winner of AFP will be announced and the show will end with a smiling Julie and lots of happy houseguests vowing to never do that again. (At least until next year.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: 2/13/2019 Celebrity Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I am glad this season is ending & I don't usually say that but this group just has no one that you want to win. Do you thin Tom leading for AFP is because at least he played the game, although badly?

Thanks Gardenman for your comments & for hanging in through this trainwreck.

Respected Contributor

OMG--I hope Tom doesn't win AFP.  He's a lunatic. He didn't really play the game so much as blow it up every chance he could.

I can't wait until Survivor starts next week.

Honored Contributor

A lot of people like Tom because he blew things up routinely. I found him annoying more than entertaining, but others disagreed. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

My favorite was Ryan, too bad he didn't last a bit longer. I didn't mind Tom, he reminded me of that song about should I go or should I stay. The women were good examplies of why I prefer the company of men, both at work and at play.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all so much for the updates, etc.  So much more enjoyable than the show.  I actually have only watched a few shows this season and took it off my DVR for tonight because I so don't care who wins and would much rather DVR The Masked Singer.  What an unlikeable group of celebs IMO.

Trusted Contributor

Count me in as one of those that is glad this season is coming to an end.  I'll have to wait until I see who the final 2 are to decide which I would rather see win.

Once again, thank you @gardenman for doing your daily posts.  It had to be difficult with this cast but you managed to hang in there and entertain us because God knows the cast did not.  I'm sure you will be really happy to get back to a regular season this summer and hopefully we will have a good cast.  Keep us posted re your leg after your appointment on the 20th if you want to share.

Respected Contributor

I'd also like to thank @gardenman for providing us much more entertaining recaps than the actual show.  Continued well wishes for good healing progress and I'm sure I'll see you on the Survivor thread!

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Thank you all so much for the updates, etc.  So much more enjoyable than the show.  I actually have only watched a few shows this season and took it off my DVR for tonight because I so don't care who wins and would much rather DVR The Masked Singer.  What an unlikeable group of celebs IMO.

@Wsmom I agree. I’ll watch Project Runway instead, then ff through the dvr to see who wins.😐🙄

Honored Contributor

It's finale time! Julie's wearing a longish black dress with an unusual cutout on the left shoulder. Time for the conclusion of Friday's HOH comp. When last we left the house they were flying around the backyard. The harnesses were pretty rough on the houseguests with all of them complaining afterwards. Dina forgot the rules completely and got eliminated. And Ricky won! Tamar's happy as she's playing with both Ricky and Kandi, so she couldn't lose. Ricky nominates Dina and Kandi. Ricky and Tamar make a final twotwo deal. Time for the first break.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!