Honored Contributor

Anyone Watching America's Got Talent:Champions

[ Edited ]

Anyone else watching this? This started several weeks ago, they're bringing back winners, runner-ups from America and other countries. Ten acts perform, only two go through, the golden buzzer and the people's vote ( this show isn't live so the nation doesn't get to vote). I don't get why anyone who won the show would do this again, it can only tarnish their win. On Monday one of my faves got through to the next round Brian Justin Crum. I remembered him, he was over weight and bullied as a child and had come out. I believe he came in fourth the season he competed in. Anyway he sang Your Song (Elton John) like Ewan McGregor sang it in Moulin Rouge, it was fabulous! I don't understand how Simone didn't sign him to a record contract.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching America's Got Talent:Champions

@Jordan2-

I actually had been listening to his song on youtube again-Somebody to love me.

I don't think anyone could have put more heart and soul into that song.

He is in several of the top ten auditions on youtube.

I like this song the best but did think his recent song on America's Got Talent was good too.

I think the real test is if most every song they sing after that one spectacular one is just as good. 

When someone always sings with their heart, that is what the audience feels in theirs.

I definitely do not like the dangerous or gross acts (no matter how unusual!) and unlike several of the judges, just wish they would not have them. Some of these people will keep pushing these acts to the next level until they just might not make it! And how is that entertainment?

What a great idea for the show though. Simon definitely is a creative producer!

And I agree, I don't know if I would want to come on again, and maybe lose again. Paul Potts and Susan O'Boyle are wonderful without any more needed wins. Maybe they were asked to come on to help promote the show?

And Darcy Lynn-I would always vote for her!

I lie that little girl too -This is my fight song-the one who had a kidney transplant.

And gosh the girl who survived the airplane crash-she is a beautiful person. I am in awe of her and inspired to look at the beauty in each other and in life and what we can do with it for ourselves and others.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

DH and I have been watching since the first episode; however, there are way too many singers.

Out of the 8 that went through, 6 are singers.  IMO, that's just way too many.  Some of the other talents are much better than those that went through.

Regarding the golden buzzer, I think it shouldn't be used until after all of the 10 contestants perform which gives all of them an equal chance.  After they are all done, then give the golden buzzer to the one that stands out.  Actually, I'd rather see the golden buzzer go away  in this case.  It really only gives the voters one person to go through out of 10.

If things continue with singers going through, I don't see us watching any longer as it'll be a very boring finale.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

DH and I have been watching since the first episode; however, there are way too many singers.

Out of the 8 that went through, 6 are singers.  IMO, that's just way too many.  Some of the other talents are much better than those that went through.

Regarding the golden buzzer, I think it shouldn't be used until after all of the 10 contestants perform which gives all of them an equal chance.  After they are all done, then give the golden buzzer to the one that stands out.  Actually, I'd rather see the golden buzzer go away  in this case.  It really only gives the voters one person to go through out of 10.

If things continue with singers going through, I don't see us watching any longer as it'll be a very boring finale.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all the golden buzzers so far been singers?  Yikes.  There's got to be variety. 

So many others should have been put through but I do love Brian Justin Crum (someone put a "B" at the end of his name on one of these posts which cracked me up); not sure if it was a typo or intentional.  LOL.

Trusted Contributor

We've been enjoying it.

Respected Contributor

There's a fair chance another singer or singers will be added next week.  The Sons of Serendip, Jackie Evancho and Sal Valetinetti will all appear.

There will also be judges' choices added to the finale.

I still believe there should be a minimum age requirement.

Honored Contributor

I Goggled Brian Justin Crum and watched a video of him singing Shallow from A Star Is Born with just a piano accompanying him. He has such a beautiful, sweet, but powerful voice.

Valued Contributor

My vote would go to Brian Justin Crum as well.  What a powerful voice!

I can see his talent taking him further, much like Adam Lambert.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm really enjoying the show- I  like experiencing a part of Paul Pott's journey ! Although he did win already- I think it's time for Brian. Woman Happy

And who are the 'super fans' throughout  the US  that get to vote? Woman Frustrated I watch every season, I went to so many audition shows and live tapings when they were on the east coast. I'm a super fan !!! Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

there will be  a wildcard  which darci lynn will get it and win the whole thing..