Esteemed Contributor

please give us more time to type. My brain and hands can't work that fast before you put up auto save. And sometimes I can't get it back and have to try again. Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1

I'm not understanding your question.

Just because the "autosave" comes up on screen, does not mean that you can no longer type.

In fact, it's on my screen right now, and I am still able to type.

Esteemed Contributor

sorry plaidpants--I can't for I have tried and then all goes away

Esteemed Contributor

I have no clue what auto save is - it's probably on my screen too; but I've never paid any attention to it.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1.  I have never been cut off no matter how long I take. I think I see auto save sometimes, but just ignore it. I wish I could help.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: typing time

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1

What do you mean by "it all goes away"? 

Right now, on my screen, I see a box that says "Autosaved at 11:55AM".

It is located right above where it says "Quote".

I am typing, typing, typing, and nothing has gone away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

halfpint1 wrote:

sorry plaidpants--I can't for I have tried and then all goes away

@halfpint1,  The autosave has no effect on what we're typing in our reply and doesn't remove (or add, for that matter) any text.   It also has no effect on the length of time we use to compose a post.   That's not how that particular software works.

It runs in the background, and the only thing it does that we can see while we're entering our post is the notation "Autosaved at [time]" while we're typing.    @Plaid Pants2 and @proudlyfromNJ are correct.

Just try ignoring it, finish typing, and be sure to click/tap "POST" when you're ready to submit the comment.    I'm sorry you're having problems.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@fthunt

Auto save is a feature that automatically saves what you are typing in case of power failure.  You should then be able to recover what you were typing without losing it.  It's great for typing emails and word docs so you don't have to start over.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@janz wrote:

@fthunt

Auto save is a feature that automatically saves what you are typing in case of power failure.  You should then be able to recover what you were typing without losing it.  It's great for typing emails and word docs so you don't have to start over.

@fthunt

What doesn't make sense is when she says that it all "goes away" as she is typing.

I've never had that happen.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2

There is a key I accidently hit when typing that deletes what I am typing.  No clue which key I hit ... guess I type to fast ... it's on right side and not letters but I then have to start over.  Happens on emails, docs, etc.  Annoying and someday I'll figure it out.