Honored Contributor

Re: thumbs down

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@giova  ...... And would your post be the first?

OP was making a suggestion.  Was a snarky response necessary?  

Respected Contributor

I suggested this same thing about a month ago and the posters were split just like here.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart  ..... Really? Why do you suppose the OP was even making the suggestion? 

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@CalminHeart  ..... Really? Why do you suppose the OP was even making the suggestion? 

I don't think her reason matters as far as my response to you goes. Either way, it's not ok to be snarky.  Fyi, I noted on a separate post that I'm not in favor of thumbs down.  

Esteemed Contributor

Some people just can't help themselves it seems to me.  There comments don't add anything to any discussion and in most cases is personal.  All suggestions/opinions should be respected as long as they are not personal or disparaging of others choices.

Trusted Contributor

Re: thumbs down

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart  .....  I don't think I was being "snarky". I made a statement. If there was a thumbs down I would have given it to the OP.

Super Contributor

@giova - I had a funny experience.  A poster prefaced a response to my post saying  "with all due respect" then went on to be snarky! Go figure.  Oh, well. It is what it is. 🙂 

Esteemed Contributor

There would probably be a few posters who would give a thumbs-down to almost every post.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I think it's a bad idea. Sometimes dealing with no real customer service right now is frustrating. I have had a very stressful year & I believe many people have. With the virus & some life events it's easy to lose your temper. Most people get that you had a meltdown because they have too. It amazes me how rude & snarky some people are. Not just here. Any social media. I wish people had more empathy. Watching the news with all the violence & hate makes me wonder what people are becoming! It makes me sad. 

Regular Contributor

I just made the post because there was a really rude post made but then it was immediately removed by the moderator.  So, maybe thats the moderators job and thumbs down's arent really necessary.