Honored Contributor

If the Q is going to keep things In Process forever.....

... we need to be given the option to cancel.  It is not acceptable that they can just proclaim it impossible.  MAKE IT POSSIBLE.  It's ridiculous.

Additionally, it should also be possible to cancel an item a few hours after you have placed an order.  It's not like Amazon where the item is actually going to be sent out within the day.  At the Q it won't ship for days (if not weeks.)  Also ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

Re: If the Q is going to keep things In Process forever.....

AMEN!  You couldn't have said it better.

Frequent Contributor

Totally Agree!  Sometimes we have a change or heart and should be able to cancel it within a couple of hours.

Regular Contributor

Great question.  QVC puts a hold on your bank account as soon as you place an order unless you have a Qcard. You can't cancel it once it is in the distribution center's pipeline, but they expect you to wait forever to find out where your order is. Always in process.  They have distribution centers all over the country, but can anyone tell me why they aren't regional?  I ordered several items last winter and they were being shipped from Ontario, California when there were very bad weather conditions all across the country. It took more than a month to get the items I ordered. I order my cat supplies from Chewy and they are delivered the next day.  Also, the transfer of my orders to the Post Office is really annoying.  It adds days to the delivery of your order.  It doesn't matter if you are paying for shipping & handling charges.  You are at their mercy.

Super Contributor

Absolutely agree!!

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

... we need to be given the option to cancel.  It is not acceptable that they can just proclaim it impossible.  MAKE IT POSSIBLE.  It's ridiculous.

Additionally, it should also be possible to cancel an item a few hours after you have placed an order.  It's not like Amazon where the item is actually going to be sent out within the day.  At the Q it won't ship for days (if not weeks.)  Also ridiculous.

I'm shocked that this online shopping venue is still in business.  I quit ordering years ago.  I've never missed not shopping here.  

Honored Contributor

I agree about the ability to cancel an order--at least for a few hours after it has been placed.

Now, unless it's an advanced or waitlist order, it goes immediately into "In Process" after ordering.  Yet the order typically does not actually get shipped for days--if not weeks--afterwards.  This is especially problematic if you order something that is not being presented on TV, but just a product in stock.

Regular Contributor

Aren't there laws about purchase contracts, saying you have a certain timeframe to cancel an order?  

Respected Contributor

Both Amazon and Chewy (and many more) seem to get my order to me every time within 3 days...sometimes 2! Amazing. I've had items "in process" (aka can't cancel) for weeks here. Q should study their shipping and figure out what they are doing wrong.

Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'm shocked that this online shopping venue is still in business.  I quit ordering years ago.  I've never missed not shopping here.  

------- 

Genuinely curious.  If you haven't shopped on QVC for years, and you dislike the company, why, in the world, would you want to take part, in the forums? 

---------