Super Contributor

i have a hammer toe from years of competitive ballroom dancing, so my suggestion would be to have the host and vendor tell us  if the depth of the toe box is  narrow or deep.   so many shoes have to be returned because they rub against my toe.  this year the shoes are pretty cute and id love to order , but i am afraid if i send too many back, i will get THE LETTER.

Valued Contributor

Have you ever considered getting surgery for your toes? You may just feel better all the way around. It sounds like a nuisance and painful.

Honored Contributor

@PMS 24-7.   Are you familiar with Drew Extra Depth shoes?  The whole footbed is extra deep which gives extra support and room in the toe box.  They are the only shoe I've ever run across that is made like this.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If you have a special condition with your feet, you are probably best served not ordering shoes from a home shopping network.  It's probably best to go in person, or seek retailers that specialize in shoes of extra depth that will comfortably accommodate your feet.  A quick google search can turn up several brands, and their shoes may be just as cute. 

Honored Contributor

Re: shoe suggestion

[ Edited ]

I broke the ball of my big toe decades ago and have trouble if the toe box is not deep enough or if a skimmer/flat/shoe is cut too night over the toe. I can wear most shoes if the top come up past the joint.  If I went to an extra-deep type of shoe, it'd fall off my foot.