Occasional Contributor

Please stop using those styrofoam peanuts! My Squirrel Brand tavern mix uses those and it makes me not want to order anymore. There are many friendly items for packaging that can be easily recycled.

Respected Contributor

And...   some of the cartons being used are not right for the product contained in them.  They have been using mostly lightweight recycled garbage.  I have no issue with using recycled,  just use a heavier strength that is appropriate for what you are shipping.

Occasional Contributor

Indeed!

Respected Contributor

I get the pink peanuts in Dr. Denese boxes.  I don't like them either.  They have so much static, just trying to pour them into a plastic bag, they stick!  I don't understand why they can't use bubble wrap.  At least I can use that for packing or storing things...

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

I hate them too, although it's probably the manufacturer that's using them, since they come directly from there.  I take the time to bag the darned things up, but my (condo) neighbors are too lazy and just throw the box with the peanuts out in the street for the trash pickup.  Then the wind blows them all onto my back patio, and I have to pick them up!  Grrrrrr

Laura loves cats!
Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for your responses..I did call Squirrel Brand and was told they send them to the Q but the Q does the packing...maybe if enough people complain they will change...another tidbit..the Squirrel Brand guy said they had been bought out by another company..I did not ask who

Honored Contributor

Those peanuts are little treasures.  I use them to fill about 1/3 of the space in my big flower pots.  They fill space without adding weight to what could be a very heavy pot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment