Contributor
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, when presenting earrings show the backs!!! There are several post & clutch earrings I'm interested in on today's jewelry shows but the backs have not been shown by the host or in the description photos. Therefore, I will NOT purchase. I know the hosts would like this info. when they are buying their own earrings-SHAME ON QVC! This is a continuing oversight on their part whether on purpose or not-I can only guess.
Esteemed Contributor

I really don't understand this.

When I shop in a store I pick up an item and turn it in my hands, looking at it from all sides.

Online and on TV, the host, and the camera are my stand-ins. I need them to hold it, turn it, show and describe it. 

I want to see the bottom of the shoes. Someone else wants to see the lining, or the back of a garment.

OP wants the back of the earrings.

Why do we even have to ask for this?

SHOW US!

Honored Contributor

Similar to my complaint about not showing the inside of purses.  Many of the hosts need better training and told to focus on the item and not chit chat.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely!  Cut down on the chatter and give us all the details.  Whether it is details of jewelry, inside as well as outside of handbags, soles of shoes, it is amazing how many hosts fail to pay short shrift to details.  More attention to details would generate more sales and likely less returns.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not watch the jewelry program but I did see  that a pair of  expensive earrings were on the presentation lineup .  I looked at the earrings on line but there were only still shots  and video presentation.  I am reluctant to buy

Honored Contributor

@TUMBLES 

What is an item number of a pair of earrings you can't see the backs on?

Maybe posters can help you.

Every pair of earrings I looked at in Recently On Air, clearly show if they are posts, lever backs, sheppard hooks etc.

Respected Contributor

@TUMBLES I agree with your concern as seeing the  closure on an earring is essential to my purchase decision.  I too want details on items and not social chat.  I am here to shop......period.

But, I don't understand why you say "shame on qvc".  Don't get why you would use that term in this situation.  Seriously, I am just asking.....

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Contributor

I want to see a 360 degree view of the earring.I want to see how the actual earring back is finished-is it open, is it filigree, etc..I want to see whether the clutch (if earring is a post) is large/small, plastic, precious metal, etc.. If earring is an omega back, I want to see design & whether it hangs down below ear lobe back. I could go on but, enough is enough!                                                                                                      

Contributor

I agree.   The hosts chatter way to much and forget to show the earring backs.  This only takes a few seconds to turn the earring stand around, remove (yes, remove) the clutch and show the complete earring back and fastener.  I think the producers don't know to even whisper this into the host's ear and the host just just blathers on about nonsense-  I think we all know where we can wear an earring and all that other talking.  I will say that a particular host who has her own line of jewelry on QVC always shows the backs of her designs because the post clutches are heart shaped.  However, as I watched her this morning she didn't bother to show this on other earrings.  Marybeth is the BEST at showing everthing about the items she presents.  I think the producers need to be called to task on whispering in the host's ear to show 360 degrees of jewelry and alot of other items.  The blather is just rediculous and takes up soooo much time.  We could see more items presented if the yakking is curtailed.

Honored Contributor

@TUMBLES wrote:

I want to see a 360 degree view of the earring.I want to see how the actual earring back is finished-is it open, is it filigree, etc..I want to see whether the clutch (if earring is a post) is large/small, plastic, precious metal, etc.. If earring is an omega back, I want to see design & whether it hangs down below ear lobe back. I could go on but, enough is enough!                                                                                                      

Gosh, that is a lot of details you are looking for, so I understand why you would be reluctant to buy from TV.

I wouldn't chance it and have to return, losing orig S/H and return shipping fees!

Your local jewelers can def help you better.