Respected Contributor

Re: demand accurate dates for arrival

@Tinker2012 wrote:

I think we should all demand that QVC provide accurate dates, or a date range, for arrival of orders. They appear right now just to make a date up; I've yet to get something "on time."  And they must KNOW if they have unavoidable delays; quit mispresenting when you can deliver your items.  Anyone have ideas about how we can help  effect change on this topic?

Have you read or watched the news lately? There's this disease--corona virus--going around that has pretty much closed a lot of the country down.It also plays havock with delivery businesses to, so no one is any postion to DEMAND accurate delivery dates.

You must be he** to live with.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh Holy Night!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

Oh Holy Night!!

@Sage04   The stars were brightly shining.  LOL  I am sorry I could not help it.  LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinker2012 wrote:

I think we should all demand that QVC provide accurate dates, or a date range, for arrival of orders. They appear right now just to make a date up; I've yet to get something "on time."  And they must KNOW if they have unavoidable delays; quit mispresenting when you can deliver your items.  Anyone have ideas about how we can help  effect change on this topic?

@Tinker2012       What?????????

Respected Contributor

@Tinker2012 wrote:

The poor poster that had a hissy fit got called out for saying what you posted.  They wanted to gift stuff to someone and they were promised it would arrived on time.  They found out mintues later it won't.  Now, this poster will have to police the whole thing.  That's bogus.  No other merchant fell down so badly like QVC did.

Respected Contributor

Bottom line..

Don't promise anything you can't deliver on............

I deal with other merchants and they DO keep their promises.

Stop blaming everything on covid.

Trusted Contributor

I sell on ETSY and have extremely upset customers who purchased items as gifts, which are now stuck in transit.  People don't understand that there's nothing I can do.  Even with tracking showing that the item is in transit for 2 weeks, they think it's my fault.  This is very frustrating for everyonem, but at some point you have to realize it is what it is.  

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@Tinker2012 wrote:

The poor poster that had a hissy fit got called out for saying what you posted.  They wanted to gift stuff to someone and they were promised it would arrived on time.  They found out mintues later it won't.  Now, this poster will have to police the whole thing.  That's bogus.  No other merchant fell down so badly like QVC did.

------

Everything I have ordered from QVC, in the last several months, has arrived on time or ahead of time.  

This year, we've had plenty of warning about shipping issues around Christmas.  Sure it's frustrating, but, any gift recipient, should be able to understand, if a delay does occur.  

A late gift will only be a Christmas ruiner, if you let it! 

Esteemed Contributor

Ok!! When someone places an order, the Computer generates an EDD maybe  two weeks ahead. Right away the Customer gets upset because they thing it woun't be there on time and QVC made a promise that it would. 

I have always received my packages at least a day or two before. My guarantee Christmas delivery was placed on the last day which was the 18th Dec and the EDD was for the 29th Dec. I received it on the 22nd.

Now I feel like a broken record because I have posted this several times on different threads.