Honored Contributor

Re: demand accurate dates for arrival

@Tinker2012 wrote:

I think we should all demand that QVC provide accurate dates, or a date range, for arrival of orders. They appear right now just to make a date up; I've yet to get something "on time."  And they must KNOW if they have unavoidable delays; quit mispresenting when you can deliver your items.  Anyone have ideas about how we can help  effect change on this topic?

@Tinker2012 Well, I hope that works out for you.  There are issues with all sellers at times and certainly with ALL shippers!  I don't think one can avoid that reality for many reasons.

However do I think QVC is worse?  Yes.  Do I have an ounce of belief that will change, no matter what we say or do?  No.

It is what it is and that's the way QVC has always been.  They do their own thing.

Honored Contributor

@Tinker2012 wrote:

I think we should all demand that QVC provide accurate dates, or a date range, for arrival of orders. They appear right now just to make a date up; I've yet to get something "on time."  And they must KNOW if they have unavoidable delays; quit mispresenting when you can deliver your items.  Anyone have ideas about how we can help  effect change on this topic?

@Tinker2012. Your suggestion is beyond unrealistic.  There are too many variables in the transportation industry.  The delivery time has always been and always will be an ESTIMATE.  If you knew more about it, you wouldn't propose such an idea.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Perhaps YOU can get a job a UPS and start improving the situation.

I sure they will appreciate your speed and expertise.

Honored Contributor

Demand?  LOL.  Go ahead and demand.  I think they do the best they can.  I am happy with EDD as they are always accurate give a day or two.  Sometimes earlier, sometimes the next day.

Respected Contributor

I'm B E Y O N D  the overused word DEMAND, very over it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Demand is a very strong word and shouldn't apply to QVC with their shipping. Once it leaves their warehouse or the vendor's warehouse, it is out of their hands.

My sister lives one hour from me. She mailed a light package to me last Monday, a week ago. It still has not arrived. I have been tracking it and it has visited many towns, most of which aren't anywhere near either of us. One town is 200 miles away, but there it went! It is now 30 miles away and hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

QVC gives you estimated delivery dates. If you need to have something right away, you should probably ask for expedited delivery or plan ahead and order sooner.

I almost always get my QVC purchases prior to, or right on, the estimated date of delivery.

Valued Contributor

@Tinker2012  Demanding is never going to work. I have finally given up on having expectations of ANY company at this point, except for Amazon. Their Prime delivery is perfection. Poor delivery is a combination of factors: COVID causing a cut in work force, more people buying from home, and a general downgrade in work ethic and motivation or pride in job achievement. I know many will disagree with that last one, but values have really changed in the last couple of generations. 

Esteemed Contributor

Demand??? Good luck with that. Shipping arrival dates are not on the Q, its on the carrier company. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinker2012 wrote:

@Tinker2012 You have got to know that they can't give a specific date, good grief.   Find something else to gripe about.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish QVC would be more transparent and direct in stating order delivery dates.  I order an item while being presented and supposedly in stock.

Then I get an email telling me that my order is delayed or on advance order.  No one mentioned advance order when it was being presented.   

I know there are Covid issues leading to product transportation issues.  But then, hosts should always state...order may be delayed!!  My holiday ordering will stop this week in November, as I don't really know when items will arrive.