Why doesnt Qvc sponsor craft focused shows like HSN does. I would much rather do business with qvc.

Honored Contributor

I love the HSN craft shows and think they do an great job.  They certainly seem to have cornered the market on the best crafters. Their shipping deals are incredible!  Yesterday, you paid no more than $5 in shipping all day no matter who many craft items you purchased.  

Not sure who QVC could find in order to provide such shows.  And I'm not sure QVC would be prepared to offer those awesome shipping deals.  HSN gets plenty of business from me on their craft days, especially.  

Don't get me wrong....I loved when QVC used to offer craft shows.  I was working at that time, and I would schedule vacation days to be home for the QVC craft days.  That ship has sailed for QVC, though I believe they did try a show or two a year or so ago.

Respected Contributor

It's been years since I've been into crafting, but I still remember the great crafting shows that QVC had at one time.  Too bad that they let that ship sail without them.  I usually watched, even though I had no talent for crafting really.

Honored Contributor

In years gone by, QVC had many craft shows and vendors.  Apparently they found it to be financially unsound and decided they could make more selling mattresses, WEN and vacuum cleaners.  Heaven knows we viewers would prefer crafts but don't expect anything to change.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I love the HSN craft shows and think they do an great job.  They certainly seem to have cornered the market on the best crafters. Their shipping deals are incredible!  Yesterday, you paid no more than $5 in shipping all day no matter who many craft items you purchased.  

Not sure who QVC could find in order to provide such shows.  And I'm not sure QVC would be prepared to offer those awesome shipping deals.  HSN gets plenty of business from me on their craft days, especially.  

Don't get me wrong....I loved when QVC used to offer craft shows.  I was working at that time, and I would schedule vacation days to be home for the QVC craft days.  That ship has sailed for QVC, though I believe they did try a show or two a year or so ago.

I am 100% with @Krimpette! I really missed the crafts when QVC stopped selling them but now, I prefer them on HSN. They offer us such good deals and there is no way QVC would ever get close to those same deals! Back then, unless you bought more than one of the exact same item, you did not even get a little break on shipping. Now you'd not even get that. We'd pay more for 1 or maybe 2 items to ship from QVC than we would the entire day's worth on HSN, even if we bought one of everything. No thank you. I don't care if QVC never sells crafts again. I will take HSN in that department any day. Don't get me wrong, I still buy a few other things off of QVC but in the craft department, my money goes south. I prefer it that way.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't craft or use a sewing machine....or whatever they are called now...cricket....don't laugh..i know that is wrong...

Anyway my point is this...I love watching the crafters presenting their products...so when they have craft days i will watch HSN..

Super Contributor

When I first started watching QVC, David V. used to host scrapbooking shows!

Visitor

Years ago when QVC sold craft items, I bought a lot.  I miss the craft shows so much.  HSN recently had a craft day and I spent a lot. I would rather have spent and bought with QVC!  Please, please, please bring back the craft shows!!!!

Honored Contributor

I love doing craft projects....but I have three wonderful stores near me, where I can use coupons and buy as much or as little as I need.  These are items I'd rather see in person....to judge the colors and sizes of what I'm buying

Occasional Contributor

It's all about the money.  I know QVC used to have great craft days...then it went to 'shows' and now it's nothing.  It's too bad.  I loved HSN's Craft Day yesterday and agree about the shipping being $5 for the entire day and we didn't have to place 'one order' to receive it.  Somehow they've figured out how to appy it throughout the day.  They'll also do that for any all-day jewelry event.  You usually pay 'one shipping' charge throughout the day.

I think when Suzanne Runyon left QVC for HSN they lost a dedicated crafter and never made any attempt to continue with their craft shows. 

QVC if you read these blogs, please know that we'd love a 'Craft Event' - even if it wasn't all day!