Esteemed Contributor

I have had toenail fungus. This is not a fun thing. I finally had to take oral medication to get rid of it, and it too a very long time.

I probably got mine trying on shoes, because quite frankly I have no idea where else I'd have gotten it. I never try on shoes without socks now.

It is gross and not what I want to think about when ordering shoes from a company that I know re sells things that are returned.

Honored Contributor

Re: Insensitive comments

[ Edited ]

I would think the AS IS shoes are ones that are displalyed during presentations and not ones worn by the models.   I don't think it was an insensitive comment  just reality.  Regardless of how anyone gets a nail fungus, it's still transferable!

Super Contributor

Don't you all think you are being just a bit childish for taking the comment so seriously- the host and vendors are supposed to be chatting like you would with your friends, maybe you don't understand the whole TV shopping thing- I think talking about it brings awareness to an issue and toe fungus has nothing to do with chemotherapy or at least in this instance it did not- so confused that the posters on the qvc boards take everything so seriously and decided it is a place to air out personal issues- this is a shopping channel not a counseling session

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Insensitive comments

[ Edited ]

Was intent for vendor/host to be rude? Doubt it. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@lanstine,   Who brought it up?   It has no place in a conversation when you are selling shoes.  Who wants to listen to there is a fungus among us?  lol  Seriously, that is not a topic to have when selling shoes.Cat Mad

I completely agree with you.  Why are they talking about chemo?  Geez.  Insert foot in mouth.  This does NOT make me want to buy shoes.  And yes they send out used shoes. 

Respected Contributor

@teachergal wrote:

I am offended!  LOL

Facetious are we?

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I disagree.  She stated a fact.

Wow. Not a great sales point.  Yuk.

Respected Contributor

It's the times we live in - everyone is offended by something. The world must constantly walk on egg shells, be "PC". BTW - fungus is gross

Honored Contributor

Give me a break, for that the OP went on line and created a new profile, just to dis a host and a guest, give me a break I am sorry but this is a real case of GET A LIFE.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Not offensive to me.