Occasional Contributor

I love Antonella

Respected Contributor

I disagree.  She stated a fact.

Occasional Contributor

It may be a fact, but it's still insensitive.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure it was mentioned out of ignorance and they certainly meant no harm.  

Esteemed Contributor

so what do they do with returns?!

Honored Contributor

@lanstine,   Who brought it up?   It has no place in a conversation when you are selling shoes.  Who wants to listen to there is a fungus among us?  lol  Seriously, that is not a topic to have when selling shoes.Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Insensitive comments

[ Edited ]

Whether you have toenail fungus or not you should not try on a shoe without a stocking or sock on your foot. I'm surprised they even went there because the Q sells As is shoes. I bet Antonella gets a good talking to by her boss. I don't think it's insensitive to mention toe fungus, it is what it is.

Super Contributor

I am offended!  LOL

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for seeing my point.  Antonella was the one who made the comment and Amy agreed, saying it was gross.  Antonella has made the same "foot fungus" comment in the past when presenting shoes. I was hoping she wouldn't do it again. I don't think for one second Antonella said it intentionally to insult anyone.

Respected Contributor

@lanstine wrote:

I love Antonella but, today's Clark's presentation with Amy, Clark's rep, Antonella and Amy mentioned fungus in regard to trying on shoes and "freshness' of QVC's shoes. Amy agreed with Antonella, saying it (fungus) is gross.Toenail fungus can be caused by chemotherapy and immuno-suppressant drugs. It is almost impossible to get rid of toenail fungus.  Antonella's and Amy's comments were insensitive.      

To who?