Occasional Contributor

Please give the measurements for the upper arms on the tops, I nearly always have to return items becasue the upper arms are much to tight.

Respected Contributor

And why the heck IS that? It's a fairly recent change...I have large arms (I'm a 1X-2X) and all of a sudden all the upper arms are WAY too tight!

Trusted Contributor

@big arms

Online in the “click here” for measurements it does give arm width.

Trusted Contributor

Yes unfortunately, they NEVER GIVE SPECIFICS ON AIR..they are too busy talking of other things...so we have to go online and look at exact measurements.

AGAIN, they should give measurements of the arms, if not at least offer,,,the arms run tight or loose or true to size proportion.  Giving us information thats helpful would help the customer, dont you think?

GREAT point.

Esteemed Contributor

I have run into this recently too....SG items i found tighter

at the top of the arm.....and i do check the measurments at "click here" but it sometimes seems the arms are still tight even if i ordered feeling the measurement would be fine....

Also D& C i have found an item or two tight in the arms....

i think maybe the size measurements are getting a bit smaller.............( i am the same size....)

Honored Contributor

Re: arms too tight

[ Edited ]

In general, many of the items' sleeves seem to be somewhat tighter on even the slim models.  Looks as though they are designed to look that way.  I prefer less 'tight' sleeves.  I think 'they' would be better off to design modified, not set-in sleeves.  Can't recall the exact word for those very, very slightly bat-wing sleeves.   I'll be back when I think of the correct word.  (p.s.  Wishing for a Thesaurus here. )     EDITED:  DOLMAN SLEEVE.   Example: A297590  Kim Gravel top

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Dolman sleeve (a slight dolman) might be a better option.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Since I'm here, and for those who are slightly interested:  I ran across a site:  CRAFTSY.COM  ...........  '6 Different Types Of Sleeves To Draft and Sew'

Honored Contributor

I often sit in front of the TV yelling "show the measurements" then sometimes I call customer service and ask them to pass along a request to post the measurements....it's so frustrating!

I agree that it seems like sometimes these people think they are entertainers rather than that they're supposed to be there to give information about what they're selling.  I think they forget it isn't easy ordering from the TV and any information available needs to be given to us.

Honored Contributor

Someone mentioned that it's the producers responsibility to make sure the garment measurements are shown on the screen. Someone is not doing their job, also they need to show the measurements for more than 5 seconds. This is a constant complaint and I don't see why something isn't done about it.