Honored Contributor

Your LOGO Prices Are Not Competitive

I'm watching the LOGO show, and a lovely beaded, embroidered top is being featured, in the LOGO Lavish line. I was very interested in purchasing it, until l saw the price: $92.50 plus $3.00 shipping. With the tax, it would be over $100 for an imported top made of thin fabric. 

The pricing of most LOGO items is out of line, and causes me to change the channel. You are losing out on a lot of potential customers and sales, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Your LOGO Prices Are Not Competitive

@handygal2-

I've never gotten anything from Evine but someone was talking about something which made me look there and they have so many clothes that resemble logo and pretty casual things that are in the 29-35 dollar range. I thought prettier colors and designs, fabric too. 

That is what the cost should be around I think.

It makes you actually want to buy something!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay: I was thinking the same thing. I haven't bought clothing from Evine, but l like many of their styles, and their prices are good by comparison.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@on the bay: I was thinking the same thing. I haven't bought clothing from Evine, but l like many of their styles, and their prices are good by comparison.

Most of the clothing I have bought from Evine is ******.  I don't wear it and donate it. 

Logo is pricey but I wear the pieces so much more than anything I bought from Evine.  I won't by clothing from them anymore.  Bought so great Faux Fur coats and love the Beekman deals!

Respected Contributor

Competetive with what???  It's a matter of opinion really.

Honored Contributor

I think you can almost always find cheaper elsewhere if you are willing to look.  I know there are LOGO inspired clothing out in retail cheaper than what is sold on Evine too.  

A couple of months ago I bought an Apt. 9 bell sleeve top from Kohls.  The original price was $36.00, on sale for $19.99.  After my coupon I paid $16.00 plus tax.   I ordered a Kate & Mallory bell sleeve top offered at a preferred price of $29.89 plus $4.99 s/h.  I placed an order for it, totally forgetting about my Apt. 9 top.

The top is nearly identical to my Kohls top at double the price.  The fabrics used in both tops are rayon/poly/spandex although the amount of each is slightly different.  In feel they are identical and in looks they are identical. 

Last year I bought a duster from the Vanessa Williams line on Evine.  It was on clearance for$35.00, originally $52.00.  I hung it in my closet right next to a Faded Glory top from Walmart.  The only way you could tell a difference between the 2 was to look down and see that the VW was a duster.  The fabric content was identical in every way.  I paid $9.88 for that top at Walmart.    

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

I don't think you can really say LOGO isn't competitive because LOGO isn't sold anywhere else.  To me, if multiple stores sell exactly the same line of clothing and one is sold at a lot higher price point, you can say they aren't competitive.  

One can think LOGO is overpriced though. 

My personal opinion is most of what is sold on shopping channels is overpriced.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@makena wrote:

I don't think you can really say LOGO isn't competitive because LOGO isn't sold anywhere else.  To me, if multiple stores sell exactly the same line of clothing and one is sold at a lot higher price point, you can say they aren't competitive.  

One can think LOGO is overpriced though. 

My personal opinion is most of what is sold on shopping channels is overpriced.    

@Lipstickdiva: I probably should have used the term "overpriced" instead. I meant that LOGO is not competitive with items of similar quality and style that are available in the marketplace, IMO.

Honored Contributor

You can call Logo too expensive for your personal wallet or personal values, but you can't logically say it's not competitive when they are selling thousands of pieces hour after hour, week after week.

Valued Contributor

I don't care for the line.  Too many layers.  Nice on others but not for me.