Respected Contributor

Re: Wouldn't it be cool if . . .

Hello, Homegirl. Smiley Happy

I think I do get what you're saying. I think the best thing would be for the ignore feature to be brought back. I know the moderators said that it's not possible to bring back the ignore feature right now, but it might be back one day.

If it helps, the originator of the thread can delete the entire thread if they want to.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

I guess if posters only want people agreeing, but perhaps they should start a blog and have control there.

As far as the ignore button,  some people say they want it, but rarely use it. As soon as there is a post from someone they don't like, they are posting.

Respected Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

If the OP can delete any posts he or she doesn't like, then why post at all under any topic?  This isn't supposed to be a Polyanna Board, although it  may seem more like it these days.  I think there's something in the US Constitution that allows us to have (and to express) our own ideas.  Why would the OP want to change that?

The Constitution doesn't govern what the owner of 

a forum's Standards say or how the owner enforces

their Standards.

I didn't say that - check it out again.  I didn't say anything about the forum's standards.  I just said we all have a right to express our own opinions.  The Board's standards are up to the Board - not the OP's here.

Honored Contributor

I think you should feel confident that nothing written here is going to change these or any other boards.  Certainly not some random thought as posted in the first post.

Thanks to those who actually did understand this and took the trouble to read and understand the portion in parentheses and responded accordingly - without feeling the need to reference the Constitution (which, frankly, does not apply to private forums).

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

I guess if posters only want people agreeing, but perhaps they should start a blog and have control there.

As far as the ignore button,  some people say they want it, but rarely use it. As soon as there is a post from someone they don't like, they are posting.

That wasn't my point.  It's not about people only agreeing.  

It is about people posting simply to throw in a negative, but without any substance to explain or to add any further information.  There is a huge difference between those and people having a discussion.  I know you've all seen those "negative-only" types of posts.  

People will use or not use an ignore feature.   It doesn't matter whether they use it.  How would anyone know and why would they care?  We can't control the ones who just want to disagree.  And that is why I posted the first post.  Because I know we can't, but maybe sometimes it would be nice.  So, full circle.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I understand that the OP's post was fairly tongue-in-cheek, and I understand the sort of posts she's talking about - i.e. in a thread titled "I love X!" those who just HAVE to post "I don't!!!!" and nothing more. It's drive-by cornflake whizzing just 'cuz. It's only "point" is to annoy.

Amazon has a "Do You Think This Post Adds to the Discussion?" box at the bottom of every post. If enough people (by algorithm) say "No", the post is hidden to immediate view unless you specifically click on it, when it can be seen.

Of course, it's abused, as any feature ever created will naturally be abused because it can be.  I seriously doubt QVC would ever institute such a feature because of the abuse potential

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Or what I love the most are the people that just have to post to say "Don't care."

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."