Honored Contributor

Re: Wondering why QVC does not seem to be getting new items....

On 2/18/2014 SPURT said:
On 2/17/2014 stevieb said:
On 2/17/2014 SPURT said:

If QVC has added 22 pages of new items at 96 items per page then why are they STILL showing the same 10 products over and over and I think that is the OP's point, a valid one!......

If QVC does not care about their TV programming and just repeats the same few items over and over then just shut down the TV channell altogether and become strictly an onlineretailer....think of the money they'd save in production costs and host's salaries.

I completely agree.

I'd also wonder if some of those 22 pages aren't just permutations of the same things they present endlessly... For example, how many of the 22 pages are nothing more than a new laptop from Dell, a new Tablet from Apple, a new desktop from HP, a new pattern or color of Temptations, a new style or color blender from Vitamix, new togs from Susan Graver or Lori Goldstein,r new bags from B Makowsky, a new eyeliner from Mally or a new Wen seasonal scent...?

I'd also add that I don't think anyone is suggesting they stop selling blenders, computers, coffee makers, etc, simply that they offer more diversified programming. The same handful of items scheduled and presented in rotation is ludicrous and it's boring and it ensures those not remotely interested in those items are not watching and probably doing limited shopping. It's fine that they're an on-line resource, but their on-line operation and programming should better complement each other than they clearly do. It's as if each is assumed to be a stand-alone, when it need not be that way.

ITA......they bring in a Reed and Barton flatware set....different pattern...BUT nonetheless STILL a Reed and Barton flatware set so they call it "new"....to me it is NOT a new item, its the same item in a different pattern.

I looked at the "new arrivals"........see if these ring a bell---

Luminara candles

And I'm sure you will recognize this one Stevie....

Poo-Pourri 3 piece bathroom set....

and Poo Pourri refills....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Serta Mattress

It Cosmetics supersize foundation

IT Cosmetics hello lashes

Keurig Coffee Maker with 48 k cups

My Pillow diamond custom fit

Northern Nights down blanket

Blue Clean pressure washer

Dell and HP computers and Apple Ipads....

Germack with yogurt bits

Rowenta iron

Cheryl's cookies (winter assortment)

we get the picture of all these "new" items.....

There are some so called "new" Dooneys I'll leave those to my bag expert...Wink

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

You two hit the nail on the head.

Honored Contributor

no reason to watch when new products are so rare....QVC has a lot of online competition now...they are no longer a novelty either....which makes me wonder why they don't drop shipping charges lower or try and maintain quality better than they have

Valued Contributor

They don't even have Christmas items reduced! Their was a metal Santa flameless candle I wanted but the price is still the same as it was in December. They would rather keep things laying around for years than lower the prices on them. There are some things in my wish list that have not dropped in over a year, and maybe never will. Go figure.

Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2014 upsidedown said:

no reason to watch when new products are so rare....QVC has a lot of online competition now...they are no longer a novelty either....which makes me wonder why they don't drop shipping charges lower or try and maintain quality better than they have

Hi upsidedown....QVC won't drop shipping because these days it's one way that they make a profit since their sales are flat....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

BRAVO!!! to all of you who posted here
Super Contributor

On 2/15/2014 insomniac said:

Their warehouses are already overloaded with stuff they won't cut prices on.

Exactly. With shiploads more from China on their way.

Super Contributor

I don't care if all of the above reasons are true and more. They claim to be one of the largest retailers, then they need to insure they bring a larger compilation of products in every category and keep them coming !

It's amazing how many products they've gone through and now have filtered down to their "favored few". Why aren't they constantly trying to broaden their horizons as they desire to broaden their viewers and steady customers?

They have become so boring and mundane, I find myself watching and ordering less and less.

Honored Contributor

I guess Lori Grenier isn't bringing in new ""partners"" from Shark Tank fast enough ...

Honored Contributor

Then there's the availability issue. It seems that all the home shopping options linked to a TV station, QVC included, if not especially, are avoiding stock like the plague. Things that actually prove to be popular sell out quickly and there's increasingly no wait list. Restocking, if they even bother, takes forever. Again, it appears the only things they stock plenty of are the same old things discussed throughout this thread.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

The entire shopping patterns are changing, and one would think the Q would cash in on this. Internet shopping is purveying the death knell for shopping malls. In the not far future, Amazon will be doing same day deliveries by drone. People want this convenience and are willing to pay for it. Time is money. The Q is falling fast behind the trend of the country. No one wants ten products shown over 24 hour days and days. The beauty of the Q was the ability to present many many attractive vendors, "show" the merchandise, educate the people on the product, and do it all with quality, value and convenience. This has value, and the Q obviously is falling behind instead of moving forward.

OTOH, I'm amazed at how many new vendors HSN is now getting. They're moving forward, while the Q is stagnating. Instead of hiring new hosts, I wouldn't be surprised if the Q started laying off hosts. I am now purchasing more from HSN, ShopHQ than the Q.