Respected Contributor

Re: Why does it take 4 days to prepare an order????

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mosky     News flash!  Yours is not the only order QVC has to process this or any other week.  The fault lies with you for waiting until the last minute to place your order.  With the transportation delays all online merchants are experiencing, it's wise to order at least 4 weeks before an event.  Times have changed. 

news flash....all the other merchants we deal with are amazing and we don't have to bump up anything....just sayin'

Trusted Contributor

The issue isn't the shipping time, we all know that's taking longer than usual, the issue is that it can take up to a week for items to be shipped in the first place because they are "in process." I'm experiencing that now, there are several items I ordered that are on Day 5 of being "in process." You can't cancel, even though it may be a few more days before it actually ships, and THEN you have to wait another week or so before it's received. So basically 2 weeks to receive some items. And yet some vendors manage to process and ship within a day or two because they come directly from the vendor's warehouse, so the Q needs to get itself together!

Valued Contributor

I thank youall for all your responses.This is an update....My granddauters birthday has passed and her gift has still not arrived.When I ordered it ,it was May 1,it said shipping May8, after about 5 days ,the shipping date was changed to May12,had it said May 12 to begin with I would never have ordered it.I feel embarrased that my grandaughter would think I had forgotten her special day.Thank youall for listening.I am disappointed in QVC!

Super Contributor

In addition to Q, I order from HSN, Shop HQ, Walmart, and Amazon.  They are all way faster than Q... even before the virus hit.  I'm tired of Covid being the crutch excuse.  

Honored Contributor

we all know extra shipping time once it's out the door, but it is the TIME GETTING OUT THE DOOR, that is the problem

Occasional Contributor

If your orders are only taking 4 days to prepare, then you are one of the lucky ones!  Mine have been sitting in process or preparing for weeks and  taking an average of 1 month to receive.  I just cancelled all of my auto-deliveries and anything I ordered on advance order. I don't even receive my advance orders most of the time.  QVC has cured me of my QVC habit.