Super Contributor

It would be nice if there was a longer span between buying summer shoes on Q (that I haven’t worn yet!) and having them show up on zulili. 

Super Contributor

Re: Where the leftovers go.....

Cheaper by almost 1/2 Pm zulily

Honored Contributor

@clemintine.   QVC shoes will never show up on Zulily.  I've bought dozens of shoes from Zulily (I have a shoe problem), and I've never received a pair that had been tried on or used in any fashion.  The tissue is always unwrinkled, uncreased and each shoe has its factory-installed packing material in the shoe.  Same with clothing.  Their merchandise comes from manufactuers and distributors, not from QVC or any other retailer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@clemintine.   QVC shoes will never show up on Zulily.  I've bought dozens of shoes from Zulily (I have a shoe problem), and I've never received a pair that had been tried on or used in any fashion.  The tissue is always unwrinkled, uncreased and each shoe has its factory-installed packing material in the shoe.  Same with clothing.  Their merchandise comes from manufactuers and distributors, not from QVC or any other retailer.

@Kachina624 As a discount retailer, Zulily obtains their inventory in a number of ways.  As you stated they buy direct factory overstocks from manufacturers and distributors, but they also secure products from other retailers such as QVC, department and specialty stores. Without these inside channels to overstock merchandise their prices would have to be much higher.   Considering they are a sister company under the Qurate Retail Group it stand to reason that QVC would definitely be among the retailers they have a business relationship with to acquire products for their website.  

Honored Contributor

@Trix.  I think you are mistaken.  Ive done a huge amount of Zulily shopping and I've never bought anything thst showed any indication it had even been examined by another person.  It's all too pristine and perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Trix.  I think you are mistaken.  Ive done a huge amount of Zulily shopping and I've never bought anything thst showed any indication it had even been examined by another person.  It's all too pristine and perfect.

@Kachina624 I've purchased from Zulily and the merchandise has always been in first rate condition.  I did not say they are selling returns and previously used (returned to retailer products).  Overstock doesn't mean junk.  They can be factory sealed, not previously sold products and Zulily obviously is being more careful than others (discounters) in what they will accept.  However, it is the manner in which any discount retailer primarily stocks their business.  They could not profit selling at their discounted prices by buying from brands, manufacturers and distributors the same way as the retailers selling at the msrp prices.  I spent a great number of years in the upstairs corporate side of retail and never heard of a business model for a retailer seling national name brand merchandise at discount prices any other way. 

Under any business model I think Zulily does a nice job and they are definitely on my good list of places to shop.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Trix.    I have purchased both shoes and clothing which have been shipped to me directly from the manufacturers  in China.  Takes forever to get them and the tracking is worth the price of admission, like a geography lesson.

Since you've worked in the industry, I trust you know what you're talking about.  I do think their business model is unique.  I'm surprised they're so successful since most Americans want instant gratification and their merchandise delivered tomorrow.  For me, it's like waiting for Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Trix.    I have purchased both shoes and clothing which have been shipped to me directly from the manufacturers  in China.  Takes forever to get them and the tracking is worth the price of admission, like a geography lesson.

@Kachina624 I have had a similar experience with Zulily.  I ordered a coordinating piece to a swimwear set from Zulily.  The pieces I ordered from the brand website were on clearance and the shorts were listed as no longer available.  I used the search engine to try to find them elsewhere and Zulily was one of the hits. Cutting to the chase, the shorts ordered from Zulily were delivered direct from the same manufacturer who claimed to no longer have them. Things like this does seem to imply that Zulily has some unique relationships in the retail world. 

Super Contributor

Zulily is owned by the QVC group.  

Honored Contributor

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

Zulily is owned by the QVC group.  

@IslanderGirl62.  Yes, we know.