Respected Contributor

Please STOP telling us all the places where we can wear all the fabulous clothing we can buy!  We are smart enough to figure that out!!!

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Please STOP telling us all the places where we can wear all the fabulous clothing we can buy!  We are smart enough to figure that out!!!

@bargainsgirl So what do you want them to say? Just the facts?  That's pretty boring.

Respected Contributor

Just the facts sounds refreshing and helpful in making a decision on whether I want to consider an item. 

I don't live in an imaginary world where I need suggestions on where and how to dress for an occasion.

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl It's only a selling tactic. Companies of all kinds do it. If you watch commercials you will find they try to take you to another place. Remember "Calgon, take me away." I believe they are trying to take you to a happy place and a feel good place so that would entice you to buy. How about the cigarette commercials with the rugged good looking cowboys. The Pledge commercial, the women are singing and having a good time while they are housecleaning. Many auto commercials take you to these adventurous locations. So many more.

Time will tell if it works. If the producers sales ticker increases every time they mention a place you can wear something, they will continue. If sales decline, they will stop. 

I'm definitely not saying this is right or wrong. Just saying it's a selling tactic. There's just so many other things that grate on my nerves, this isn't one of them for me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Where I can wear....

[ Edited ]

They just about covered every scenario.  Running errands, walking the dog, out to dinner or lunch with your friends, on a date night, to the soccer game, to the grocery store, to your house of worship.  What's left???  I guess they could just say "whereve you darn well please."  

Respected Contributor

If you are talking about the TSV dress what they should have said is you can wear it to the prairie.....as in little house on.   Just add the apron and you'll fit right in. 

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Issues...

Trusted Contributor

@Travone wrote:

If you are talking about the TSV dress what they should have said is you can wear it to the prairie.....as in little house on.   Just add the apron and you'll fit right in. 

I can honestly say that dress didn't flatter anyone, no matter what body shape.

When it doesn't look good on any of the models, then there's a problem. Then there's that viscose thing~~~

Trusted Contributor

Agreeing with OP.   I often say to myself...." alright already....I know where to wear a shirt, pants, capris, dress, shoes etc"

Honored Contributor