Occasional Contributor

What happened to Bob Mackie and Louis Del Olio?  Joan Rivers brand is on very little also.  I know that we had covid but it is time to move on.  Getting tired of pajamas and items like pj's.  

The only brands that seem to work for me that you are presenting are Dennis Basso, Issac M. and Susan Graver.  

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to.....

[ Edited ]

Louis del Olio's contract with QVC was not renewed.  Bob Mackie has slowly faded away.  Perhaps his contract also was not renewed.   Louis made a lot of noise about his line being discontinued, but Bob hasn't said a word. 

Joan River's popularity seems to have wanned probably due to high prices and stale design.

There are many, many other lines presented, take today for instance.  We've had hours of Denim & Co. and numerous others. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't know Louis' contract wasn't renewed.  His clothing always had good reviews and looked classy to me.

I wonder what happened to the guy who had the "crystal knit".  I can't remember his name, just that I liked the fabric. *edit* I looked up crystal knit and George Simonton is his name!

Anyone remember from HSN the guy Daniel who designed Maggie Sweet?  My mom loved his clothes.  I heard he died from a heart attack.  He was pretty young, too.

Honored Contributor

@timeless    Daniel Kiviat?  I didn't know he'd died.  He seemed very low-key.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 

That's him!  He seemed like a really nice guy.  Frazzled, but nice.

Yeah, my mom told me he died.  It was at least 20 years ago I think.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I I think some well-known designers come to QVC with a line designed for Q for a specified time, then move on. I am dismayed by the hodgepodge of brands now carried that are breathtakingly overpriced, and don't seem to appeal to the same demographic that has built QVC...guess they are just moving on to try and reel in new customers, but I never see some of those styles anywhere other than QVC. It seems to be mostly loungewear. 

Valued Contributor

I cannot remember his name began with an "S'.  He was from FIT.....great clothes.....

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@timeless    Daniel Kiviat?  I didn't know he'd died.  He seemed very low-key.

@Kachina624  I googled his name....nothing about his death or that he died that I can find.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mariadomenica wrote:

I cannot remember his name began with an "S'.  He was from FIT.....great clothes.....

@mariadomenica   I think you're referring to George Simonton.  I had bought his blouses while I was still working and the fit and stitching were excellent!

Respected Contributor

The Daniel from Maggie Sweet passed away? Does anyone have any more information? I loved that line.