Valued Contributor

Weight Limitations on Exercise Machines

[ Edited ]

Watching the QVC TSV presentations today for the treadmill.  The weight limit is 265 lbs.  Why is it that so many of these machines set their weight limits below 300#, what about people who are over 300# and want to exercise?  Do they need to lose the weight before they can use one of these machines?  I say increase the weight limit to 350# so more people can take advantage of these machines.  Just a thought that I always have when I see these presentations.

Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Limitations on Exercise Machines

There are treadmills out there for people of much higher weights, but they cost a lot more and are larger and heavier.  QVC is catering to a different segment of the population, especially as this one folds flat for storage.

Honored Contributor

I am guessing the manufacturer couldn't meet the price point if they had to make the equipment for a higher weight. I agree with you.  265 is an odd number to set the limit.

Esteemed Contributor

Ther are less expensive treadmills that support more weight. 

I thought the belt was pretty narrow. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Most slim treadmills have a weight limit of 220.

Honored Contributor

Wonder if it's due to balance of the machine, so no one is hurt.  The larger machines, probably cost too much and are found in gyms.  Just a thought. 

Honored Contributor

No matter how much anyone weighs there are many devices or workout options for anyone who wants to be more fit.  Body blades, free weights, wonder core, bars with bands like the one Tony Little has and many more things.  

Esteemed Contributor

This is a sort of a flimsy device so it will take much weight.  It you want a smooth movement you need a much better product or a gym.

Regular Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Ther are less expensive treadmills that support more weight. 

I thought the belt was pretty narrow. 

Pretty narrow and very short..

Trusted Contributor

I thought it looked like a piece of junk for $500.  They should make the weight limit higher so everyone could use it.