New Contributor

Please pass on to the female hosts.  After watching a recent episode when the host was making several changes on camera, she said about how she lost her makeup from all the pulling on and off of her clothes.  An old trick of mine that a model told me years ago, is to put a regular plastic grocery sack over your head and then slip the top/dress on.  Do the same to take off outfit, putting the handles of the sack in your mouth to hold it in place while you pull it off.  This keeps your hair and makeup in place and no one is the wiser. It works, besides, it gives you and whoever is watching a good laugh when they see you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wardrobe Changes on Camera

What a brilliant idea.  I'm thinking more for my hair, pulling off something with a small neck just destroys it.

Respected Contributor

@cowderc wrote:

Please pass on to the female hosts.  After watching a recent episode when the host was making several changes on camera, she said about how she lost her makeup from all the pulling on and off of her clothes.  An old trick of mine that a model told me years ago, is to put a regular plastic grocery sack over your head and then slip the top/dress on.  Do the same to take off outfit, putting the handles of the sack in your mouth to hold it in place while you pull it off.  This keeps your hair and makeup in place and no one is the wiser. It works, besides, it gives you and whoever is watching a good laugh when they see you!

Been doing this for years , yes it works for makeup and hair. Keep a bag in a drawer.

Esteemed Contributor

I've heard that trick too, but can you imagine the hosts doing that on air while changing clothes. It would be hilarious.
Respected Contributor

I do the same thing with a silky square scarf. I tie two opposite ends under my chin. Face and hair are completely covered. Garments glide on and off easily. Hair and makeup are undisturbed.

Honored Contributor

It works even better if you tie a rubber band around the end of the sack so it doesn't fall off.  🤓

Honored Contributor

Well, I would try that but NY banned plastic grocery bags years ago.

I get dressed first before I put my makeup on and do my hair.

Luckily, I don't make wardrobe changes like the hosts do!

Super Contributor

Just let the models do the wardrobe changes and modeling all the fashions.  They can get their hair & make-up touched-up behind the "curtains"....

Respected Contributor

There are also little net covers made for this issue.   Talbot's has them in their dressing rooms for cutstomer to use trying on clothes.  That would look a bit better than the good old grocery bag (that many of us use).  I have used the plastic bag and a scarf for this problem and both worked well for me.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.