Contributor

I'm wondering what the big deal is with offering  VIP EZ Pay on anything over $50??

They are giving EVERYONE that now!

So much for 'special' customers!   Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

My thoughts, too.  I threw mine out.

Valued Contributor

I don't get the big deal about EZ pay either.  It is not a discount.  You are just taking longer to pay it off...

It would be different if the Q were offering a discount, of any sort.  I would appreciate a certain $ off if I spent a certain amount, free shipping, anything.  

Honored Contributor

EZ Pay advantage has to do with the present value of money.

By paying everything up front, you save nothing and the company gets all of their money "up front."

By offering EP to you, the company is delaying the income from the sale... that costs them.

Of course, buying anything on a "time-payment" schedule ultimately causes increased prices for everyone.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

I was going to use mine but with all the EZ pay lately I did not.  That said, I know that it seemed to me that at one time on the boards one of the chief complaints was that the Q did not offer enought EZ pay as compared to the other shopping channels.  I think they were just responding to customer requests.  I am glad that everyone that needed it has had so many opportunities lately.

Valued Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

EZ Pay advantage has to do with the present value of money.

By paying everything up front, you save nothing and the company gets all of their money "up front."

By offering EP to you, the company is delaying the income from the sale... that costs them.

Of course, buying anything on a "time-payment" schedule ultimately causes increased prices for everyone.

And, there has to be a subset of people that pay 1-2 payments, then don't have the money to pay any more and the charge is declined.  I wonder if the Q is out that money or the vendor is out that money... probably the Q.

I guess it does help some people afford an item they otherwise couldn't get, but you are right, it does cause increased prices for the rest of us...

Honored Contributor

@molisa wrote:

I was going to use mine but with all the EZ pay lately I did not.  That said, I know that it seemed to me that at one time on the boards one of the chief complaints was that the Q did not offer enought EZ pay as compared to the other shopping channels.  I think they were just responding to customer requests.  I am glad that everyone that needed it has had so many opportunities lately.

I don't think it has anything to do with customer requests, if it did they'd have loosened up the EP purse strings long ago and they'd do away with that 'random' nonsense when doling out the EP on Demand promotion. I think it has more to do with them needing to post big fourth quarter numbers and EP helps them move out an overall pretty stale array of merchandise during the period people are doing holiday shopping. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Mine must have been lost in the mail.  Smiley Wink First year I didn't get one.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

I got one too. It didn't make me feel like I was special. Ha Man Tongue

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

I received an EZ Pay deal this year, and I was thrilled!

But I also appreciate all the random EZ Pay offers QVC has been offering.

There are those who scoff at us who need to budget, but I'm grateful for the help.