Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Northerngal 

USPS needs to be put out of business. 

@willdob3 

I don't think that will happen. I think that's why they are handing off packages to USPS to keep them in business. They have to have a way to pay all those Pensions? Do the American People get to bail them out if they close USPS? I sure hope not.

@Nightowlz 

Of course it won’t happen. But it should. Yes, it is all just charity to keep them in business now. Pass packages off to USPS to give them something to do. What they do with our package for the extra day or two they hold them is debateable. Nothing worth getting paid for, that is for sure.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Northerngal 

USPS needs to be put out of business. 

@willdob3 

I don't think that will happen. I think that's why they are handing off packages to USPS to keep them in business. They have to have a way to pay all those Pensions? Do the American People get to bail them out if they close USPS? I sure hope not.

@Nightowlz 

Of course it won’t happen. But it should. Yes, it is all just charity to keep them in business now. Pass packages off to USPS to give them something to do. What they do with our package for the extra day or two they hold them is debateable. Nothing worth getting paid for, that is for sure.

@willdob3 

Even before they started handing off packages to the Post Office they would put packages aside to deliver all Prority Mail first. We know several people that worked there. That's what they told us. They said they tried to put the packages on the truck to deliver with the mail & a supervisor comes along & takes them back out telling them it can wait.

I don't think they are happy now since before their job was delivering the mail. Things change so now they probably deliver more packages so they have to get out of their vehicle often. I think that would be hard on the older carriers.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I hate it too. Our Post Office used to be pretty good & so was our mail carrier. Our mail carrier retired so we have been through so many carriers since that happened. They keep losing our mail. I report it but still never receive it. When I receive an email from USPS Informed Delivery that shows what should be delivered that day I expect to receive it but some how they manage to lose it.

The guy that was in charge at the Post Office was really nice & took care of problems. I just found out he retired so that must be why we are having so many issues. The 2 women running it now don't have a clue plus don't care if you get your mail or not. They told me if I want my mail to have it sent certified because that's the only way they can see what happened if it does get lost??? 

Guess this is what we get to deal with as we age. Can't Fix Stupid. Nothing but numbnuts running around here. I don't even know how they can keep a job if they can't do it.

Gov’t job.  They hire uneducated lazy lowlifes.  Mail delivery people are usually very good, but those humans working in the Post Office—beware. Just ask your mail carrier what he/she thinks of the PO workers.   

Valued Contributor

i am right there with the poor delivery by the post office.

my last permanent mailman was almost 10 years ago.
it's been downhill ever since, with one temp after another.

the only benefit is that i no longer buy the mail person a gift. there are too many of them now. at least 2-3 different ones each week.
at best, someone comes 4 or 5 days a week.
without fail, on tuesday or thursday no one comes.

and when you call the post office that attempt to ask the same dumb question, when you ask about a package - 'have you received mail today'? so before they get a chance, i say that the mail was delivered, whether or not it really was , because whoever delivers my mail does regular mail, THEN goes back and delivers packages.

they must think that i'm new to the game that they try and play.

my favorite is when the carrier marks a package as delivered and i get the email saying it was dropped off, then go look on the front steps and nothing - nada, zilch. they pull that one when they are way behind schedule. i call and ask where the package is and as expected, they have no clue. then mysteriously, like magic, within an hour, said package arrives.

now that i think about it, they don't do that every time anymore, like they did a few years ago. guess it became too much to press and few buttons on a machine, which they probably claimed slowed them down even more - LOL

i honestly don't think that being able to read is a requirement to deliver mail. otherwise, i would not get mail for another state, with a completely different house number and street name, on top of a different city and state.

and yes, the hand off from ups to the post office delays most packages at least 2 days. while i understand companies doing that to save money, collectively, they should have enough power to force the post office to do better. yes, i'm know that is nothing more than a pipe dream.

just another hot mess thing to add to the list.

Regular Contributor

I hate it too.  Adds from 1 to 4 days to the delivery depending if it arrives at UPS on a Friday.  

Super Contributor

The mail carrier usually rings my door bell.  My complaint is that I get packages after 7pm.  My other complaint is that my package sometimes lives at the local post office several days before it is delivered.

Occasional Contributor

Agreed!  USPS is nothing but a hot mess here too.  I am rural, mailbox is a mile from home.  Mail person will not deliver to home.  Anything that won't fit in box doesn't get delivered.  Sometimes they manage to leave a note to pick up @ P.O. That is a 50 mile round trip to stand in ine while listening to P.O. personnel chat.  UPS and FEDEX deliver to the house.  This change in shipping adds days to delivery time and has prevented me from ordering anything that won't fit in the mailbox. UPS was an excellent delivery system. I have voiced my concerns many times to cust service to no avail. I had shopped a great dea @ QVC prior to this but now am just an occasional shopper.  Much too fustrating to continue that process. 

Valued Contributor

I've had several packages gone "missing" in the past few months, that  I'm sure someone at the post office is enjoying.  They have the audicity to say the package was delivered when it never was.  I hate them and have asked QVC many times to stop using them for my packages; (of course to no avail).

Valued Contributor

@Magicrat wrote:

I've had several packages gone "missing" in the past few months, that  I'm sure someone at the post office is enjoying.  They have the audicity to say the package was delivered when it never was.  I hate them and have asked QVC many times to stop using them for my packages; (of course to no avail).

@Magicrat 

yes, i have been told that lie by the post office also. i suspect that they don't know how many people have cameras pointed to their front steps and/or porch.

once time, i asked them if they were sure that it had been delivered and they said yes. i said, "ok, i'll include that in the complaint along with a copy of the recording of the activity on my front steps, for the last 10 hours, that i file with the post master general in dc". and wouldn't you know, shortly after that phone call, my package arrived, like magic ! ! ! go figure, huh?

the next time it happens, try that and see what happens (security cameras not actually required). i will say that it is very possible that they will attempt to sneak onto your property, when it's dark and put the package on your steps . . . only to get busted when the sensor lights come on. <smile>

Esteemed Contributor

@Magicrat - Here's what I did for my lost package. Went to the PO and told them - they looked and couldn't find anything. So, I went online to the USPS site and filed a complaint for a missing package. Well, wasn't I surprised when that pkg turned up about 10 days later.

Had the same thing happen with FedEx - I get a notice when a package has been delivered. Sure enough, they claimed it was delivered at 1:20 that day. Um, no it wasn't - I was home ALL day. I called FedEx and went through the 3rd degree about where I lived, what my house looked like etc.

Got tired of that and called the company that shipped my order and told them what happened. They too had gotten notice about delivery. When I told them I did not receive the package they were gracious and shipped me another order.

I did ask the company to email me a return label and if the package ever showed up I would return it to them. They declined. How nice was that. And, the package showed up at my door a month later - have no idea where it was but the box was filthy.