Frequent Contributor

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop using the USPS to ship packages.  The USPS is terrible in my city.  Mail is always being delivered to the wrong addresses.  I received a HSN delivery in error today.  It took me 45 min to get in touch with a human at the USPS customer service center who told me to put the package by the mailbox and leave a note stating the address was incorrect on the package.  Meanwhile, a woman has a lost shipment.  UPS or FedEx would have come back to pick up the package.

Honored Contributor

That would be nice, but it's not gonna happen.

The UPS handoff for delivery by USPS is the cheapest way to ship, so this is a cost saving measure for QVC.

BTW, I hate it too, for me it takes several days longer to receive orders after it spends waaaaay too long (10+ days for me) 'in process'.

I miss the good ol' days when 'in process' was only 2-3 days and UPS delivered, showing tracking all along the way.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Mine won't ring the doorbell when it is right above their head. Also perishable food, means nothing to them, just leave it on the porch, even in 90* weather. My neighbor got my packsge and I hers. I've lived here 62 years ,her 5 months. I have a metal sign beside my door with my street number. I had a wonderful  man who has retired. boy do I miss him.

@Northerngal wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop using the USPS to ship packages.  The USPS is terrible in my city.  Mail is always being delivered to the wrong addresses.  I received a HSN delivery in error today.  It took me 45 min to get in touch with a human at the USPS customer service center who told me to put the package by the mailbox and leave a note stating the address was incorrect on the package.  Meanwhile, a woman has a lost shipment.  UPS or FedEx would have come back to pick up the package.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like my mailman when he was new.  I kept getting neighbors' mail and they mine.  After about 6 months, he got the hang of it.    

Honored Contributor

Yep, I can always tell when the substitute mail lady is working.  I never get all the mail in my mailbox that shows on my daily email.

I love our regular mail lady.  She's the best.  I was so glad when she told me she wasn't going to retire.  But she doesn't work all six days a week.🙁

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I hate it too. Our Post Office used to be pretty good & so was our mail carrier. Our mail carrier retired so we have been through so many carriers since that happened. They keep losing our mail. I report it but still never receive it. When I receive an email from USPS Informed Delivery that shows what should be delivered that day I expect to receive it but some how they manage to lose it.

The guy that was in charge at the Post Office was really nice & took care of problems. I just found out he retired so that must be why we are having so many issues. The 2 women running it now don't have a clue plus don't care if you get your mail or not. They told me if I want my mail to have it sent certified because that's the only way they can see what happened if it does get lost??? 

Guess this is what we get to deal with as we age. Can't Fix Stupid. Nothing but numbnuts running around here. I don't even know how they can keep a job if they can't do it.

Honored Contributor

I vastly prefer the USPS.  In my area, they are by far the fastest and most efficient.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Northerngal 

USPS needs to be put out of business. 

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

Mine won't ring the doorbell when it is right above their head. Also perishable food, means nothing to them, just leave it on the porch, even in 90* weather. My neighbor got my packsge and I hers. I've lived here 62 years ,her 5 months. I have a metal sign beside my door with my street number. I had a wonderful  man who has retired. boy do I miss him.

@Northerngal wrote:

@HLP.  I've never had perishables delivered by the USPS.  Are you sure it wasn't UPS?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Northerngal 

USPS needs to be put out of business. 

@willdob3 

I don't think that will happen. I think that's why they are handing off packages to USPS to keep them in business. They have to have a way to pay all those Pensions? Do the American People get to bail them out if they close USPS? I sure hope not.