Esteemed Contributor

UPS Boxes being delivered in horrible shape

Man I had a Dooney Handbag delivered this past week.  I swear UPS was playing lets see how far we can throw the box.  Not only was it all smashed in , but it was filthy.  Luckily the handbag is fine.  QVC need to talk to them about throwing around packages worth 300.00. 

Respected Contributor

Re: UPS Boxes being delivered in horrible shape

I have noticed when my packages are delivered by the post office, the box or bag is unmarked and clean. When delivered by UPS, there are black tread-like marks on the bags and they are dirty and feel gritty.  This is not just once in awhile, but every time.  I don't know what UPS does to the bags - looks like they are caught in a conveyor belt or run over.  No exception, every time something is delivered by UPS.  I save trhe post office delivered bags to be re-used for returns if necessary and all UPS delivered bags go directly to the trash.

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed the same thing over the past few weeks with items I have purchased.  It's happened with QVC boxes and packages from other merchants.  One box was barely sealed with tape and the contents could have easily fallen out or taken out.  Not a comforting feeling when a receipt is inside with all of my information. 

Respected Contributor

I would call UPS Customer Service and let them know abou it. I would be nice about it by all means but if no one brings it to their attention then it will just continue. We had a UPS driver at our business that threw the boxes and we called customer service and it stopped happening.

Trusted Contributor

I am in New York and my UPS deliveries are fine.  My driver even puts items in a plastic bag if it is raining.  The PO is good also except they squeeze packages to make them fit in my mailbox.  My problem is with the people who pack the items.  Why does an order of 4 pieces come in 4 separate lg boxes when they all could fit in 2 smaller box.  I have checked the routes and all are the same and same time schedule.  Do they not keep a designers clothes all in one warehouse?   Most all clothing could go in a bag but most come in boxes.  A Basso leather coat came in a hugh box with no packing and little tape.  The box was crushed and partially open.  That has happened with my oRANY and Dooney bags as well.  That is not the fault of UPS.  Those boxes were much larger than need be and all of the empty space allowed the boxes to be crushed.  If I were to take a box like that to UPS they would not accept it.  For years I did a craft that included fragile contents often.   They would inspect my box, label and taping closely before they would accept anything.   At Christmas time I would frequently be asked to ship to the west coast.  Over 9 years I only had 1 damage claim by a recipient.  UPS asked for the information so that they could sent the man a free pick up and they would cover the total expense.  Upon picking up the p the broken item they would pay me to make a replacement and sent it to him overnight at no cost.  The man refused to give back the so called broken parts.   Must be it was not really broken.  My PO is also as reliable.  Maybe it is because I live in a small rural area but my packages make several stops to get to me.

Honored Contributor

I got an Aimee Kestenberg bag this week and the box was in tatters.  Somebody had taped it to keep it in one piece.  The boxes are too big for the bags and there's nothing to support the weight when something is piled on top.  Bag was okay though.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Bad packaging by QVC.  In the old days, QVC took pride in its warehouse operations. It was such a big deal to them. Now it's the dumpiest part of the company.  Who knows how the employees are treated and compensated, but we are seeing the results.

Respected Contributor

I got a UPS package this week (not from QVC) from Swanson vitamins. The box was smashed and poorly taped. Looked like it had been stomped on several times.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Occasional Contributor

We received 2 QVC jewelry bags this week delivered from the post office. Both bags appeared to have been cut completely open at the top where the bag flap is supposed to be sealed. We were lucky that the jewelry items were still safe inside the boxes.

Super Contributor

AGREED!  I heard the UPS truck atop of our driveway, went outside to meet

him and was shocked to see him throw my QVC box out the driver side

window into the ivy and then back out quickly.   Say what???   They were

shoes, but the point is, someone could have spotted the box and taken

it, had I not been home.   I no longer trust UPS because of this incident.

@BalletBabe wrote:

Man I had a Dooney Handbag delivered this past week.  I swear UPS was playing lets see how far we can throw the box.  Not only was it all smashed in , but it was filthy.  Luckily the handbag is fine.  QVC need to talk to them about throwing around packages worth 300.00.